Attachments

• IMG_2568.JPG
    IMG_2568.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2579.JPG
    IMG_2579.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 99
I researched this yesterday when I first saw the post,
I was initially disinclined to respond because of the OP's description of the scale device as a 'beer' can.:tongue3:
Come to New Zealand for real beer!
new-zealand-nelson_00_l.jpg

You say it is 'Bronze'. Is it definitely metal, or could it be a resin or plaster of some type?
I searched for Philip M. Connelly; which is what I see on the statuette. I am thinking this is the name of the subject rather than the artist. The signature looks nothing like that name, so is maybe the artist's?
I did find someone with that name on LinkedIn; in 1993 as per the copyright mark on the statuette, he was employed at Sara Lee Corporation.
A photo of that person shows some resemblance to the statuette.
Maybe I'm way off track or ...?

Upvote 0
New Zealand has beer ?
Good beer ?

Maybe a trip to New Zealand is in order. :P

Last edited:
Upvote 0
New Zealand has beer ?
Good beer ?

Maybe a trip to New Zealand is in order. :P
Off Topic, I know but; we have some of the best beer, wine, scenery, motorcycle riding roads, fishing, boating, etc, and etc, in the World.
What we don't have is a history rich in metals - which tends to limit one's Metal Detector finds.
Which leads me back to this awesome find. 8-)
Is it Bronze, the alloyed metal?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses and very good points I just assumed it was bronze it is very heavy I will run the metal detector on it before I go to work this morning to confirm..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok I would have bet a little cash that it was bronze but not a peep when swung in front of my trusty Garrett ACE this morning :(
It is very heavy and very well made and although i thought it was bronze when I bought it , it was a garage sale bargain and I don't have much in it all... Not being bronze it opens it up more to even being an amature piece ??

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back