$%#@# broken foot

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
Well after missing a step at work and fracturing several bones in my foot....I have found that you can still at least coin shoot with a broken foot-- Found about 5.00 in clad and my first ring---got the hit---looked at the ground and saw a nice silvery colored ring sitting there all alone in the grass---bent over picked it up and realized it had a nice large kitty on the top....wish the kids mom woulda lost her ring instead.

Upvote 0
ahhh no cast----I broke the metatarsels and asked the doctor if i could go without one as i would not be able to drive easily with one and really cant be without a means of getting round as i am a single dad...he said as long as i elevate as much as possible and dont take the steps I could go without one---but i think when i told him if he put one on I would cut it off as soon as i got home he got the idea----when i broke a bone in my hand several years ago i cut that cast off in about 3 days.

Well at least i was honest up front and saved him the hassle of making a cast for it

I can empathize. I broke my ankle (skiing) about 3 1/2 years ago. Did it right. Surgery. Still have hardware. Was in a cast for 7 weeks. My leg shriveled up to a pathetic size. It does not work like it used to (and never will) but at least I can walk.

Hope you heal up fast.

Not much you can do about that injury except live with the pain for a couple of weeks. I broke my 5th metatarsel on my right foot about 25 years ago and every once in a while it reminds me in the cruelest of ways. Usually before a big rain or snow storm. Good luck and keep on hobblin'.

Nice finds!

I know all about the broken foot syndrom though,

did pretty much the same thing about 3 or 4 yrs back, and couldn't walk right for a month :(

Hope ya heal up soon!

HH

Lonewolfe

I can relate, many years ago I broke 3 toes on one foot 2 on the other and my ankle in an accident involving a skateboard and way, way, way, way, too much air! Now I walk on a pair of barometers! ;D
HH omnicognic 8)

Congrats on the ring! Sorry about the foot.
Good thing you didn't need pins. Out detecting, all day long you'd be wondering why the signals kept moving. Heal fast. HH

Sorry about the foot but glad you can get out,nice finds and use care while hunting.HH

Sorry to hear about your foot,,,
WTG!!! on the ring... This post brings me back to a question I ask when I first started detecting...
Is it determination that drives us,,, or just insanity ??? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back