Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Broken Finger?/Merc & Wheaties...

Hello all,
I went out this morn'n to the sweet spot in the old hunted out park for about two hours... I found a 1938 Mercury dime, & 11 wheaties. Only problem is last week while dig'n I think I crack, fractured, or broke my finger, I could barley dig today... Anyone ever injured their index finger while dig'n... It don't seem to be broken because I can pull on it without it hurting, it's just when I move it a certain way,, it feels like it's broke, or something is moving around... I thought it might just be old uncle arther messing with me, but I think it's a little more than that... Anyone else ever injured themselves while dig'n? The bad thing is, I just signed up for my first open hunt, it's on Sat., the 18th,,, Hope I can dig... >:( I'm sure if I see a piece of silver the pain will go away... ;D

I'll try to put the pics of the finds on later, but my finger hurts too much at the moment... :'(
Good luck & happy hunting~

Upvote 0
Re: Broken Finger?/Merc & Wheaties...

I'm sorry to hear about your finger. Hope it's not broken. It sounds like you got some nice finds though!

vicki

? ? ?Ohhh...poor Leon......I know you will be feeling better by the 18th! ;D ?

? ? ?I hurt the palm of my hand a couple of weeks ago trying to get through a root....that hurt for a couple of days! ?But so it ?goes...Gotta take the bad with the good! ?Hope you feel well soon and congrats on your dime and wheaties!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Nana ? ;)

Been lucky thus far,Hope it gets well soon and you have a great hunt,look forward to your digs.HH

I hope you heal fast!! You will go on that hunt and have fun!

HH!!

Too bad about the finger! and i betcha will find a big fat juicy half dollar at that hunt then it REALLY wont hurt! Hope u heal fast Leon! HH CS

Well Leon it looks like you have gone and done it. Your affliction related to the first finger is called Digginitis. Yes I know this may be hard to believe. The most common form is, as you have described and is actually a bone bruise. This is as common as the Bed post fracture that is responsible for most large toe injuries as well as the small toe. A regiment of hot and cold compresses and 2 Tylenol should help with the inflammation caused by this injury and help it heal faster. Advil is also recommended. Aspirin however does nothing for the inflammation. so my best advice for you is too take two Advil's and call me in the morning. Please give the nurse your insurance card and the copay on your way out. Oh by the way, nice finds. ;D

Leon....You should really invest in a diggin tool...LOL.....JO

Leon.... I think Jopher is right. You should get one or both of these before you really hurt yourself :)

Attachments

• dog-digging.jpg
    dog-digging.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 333

Sorry to hear about your digging finger. ;) I hope it heals fast. You might have to practice left handed digging.

Congratulations on the finds.

Sorry to hear about yer finger there Leon. Broken fingers usually swell up like a snake that swallowed an egg and are all purple and stuff. It also hurts like the dickens (been there done that). I'm no doctor so feel free to get a second opinion. If it is broken, pull it straight again and get a stick and some tape and tape it up.

CHRIS

It should heal by it's self in two or three weeks. Wost injury Ive had was when I knelt down on some junkies syringe and it when all the way under my knee cap.

Thanks for all the sympathy,,, ::)
You guys crack me up... lol
Sounds like some good advice Floater, but I took a couple of Budweisers instead. I did pay the nurse on the way out... ;)
Dano,,, that don't even sound good, I hope everything come out ok for on that one...
The finger feels a little better today. Seems to be in the first knuckle, and it feel like it's got one of my tendends in a bind...
We're going to let it go until after the hunt, and then see how it goes from there. I'm not missing my first open hunt over a finger... Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back