Brave Rifles 3rd US Cavalry insignia Happy Veterans Day!

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Belated Happy Veterans day to all my fellow Veterans! Once again I was honored with a military find on my traditional Veterans day, or thereabouts, dig. A friend of mine gave me permission to search a circa 1930's house he was working on. So I took advantage of the cool weather and gave it a go. Lots of clad coins and memorial cents. However I heard a strong signal and out popped this beautiful insignia gold colored and green BRAVE RIFLES 3. Research proved it to be from the 3rd US Cavalry armored unit. I have included a link so that you may read the fascinating History of this unit which was formed in 1841 and was one of the last remaining horse cavalry units before switching to armor before WW2. Im guessing the item is not that old but the pin in back appears to have rusted off. Thanks to the Vet who lost it for me to find !

The other item is a bit of a rarity it is a Stylus gauge tool to balance a record player you use 4 pennies. Well I did dig 4 pennies now I need a old record player :laughing9:

Attachments

• BrRifleM.jpg
    BrRifleM.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 39
  • BrifleR.jpg
    BrifleR.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 33
  • StylusM.jpg
    StylusM.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 31
  • StylusR.jpg
    StylusR.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 8
A Belated Happy Veterans day to all my fellow Veterans! Once again I was honored with a military find on my traditional Veterans day, or thereabouts, dig. A friend of mine gave me permission to search a circa 1930's house he was working on. So I took advantage of the cool weather and gave it a go. Lots of clad coins and memorial cents. However I heard a strong signal and out popped this beautiful insignia gold colored and green BRAVE RIFLES 3. Research proved it to be from the 3rd US Cavalry armored unit. I have included a link so that you may read the fascinating History of this unit which was formed in 1841 and was one of the last remaining horse cavalry units before switching to armor before WW2. Im guessing the item is not that old but the pin in back appears to have rusted off. Thanks to the Vet who lost it for me to find !

The other item is a bit of a rarity it is a Stylus gauge tool to balance a record player you use 4 pennies. Well I did dig 4 pennies now I need a old record player :laughing9:

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Nice find :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back