Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 20181205_153358.jpg
    20181205_153358.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 278
what does it look like from a side view and what does the other side look like?

Upvote 0
Maybe a gear shift guide/ keeper from a very old car, who am I kidding, I have no idea

Upvote 0
Kiros32, let me save you the effort of making the additional photos (quite reasonably) requested by my good friend Creskol. Your find is a valise-strap's brass tip... from the mid-to-late 1800s. The distinctive ID clues are the three rivets which attached it to the strap, the long narrow slot (for a "catch" to fit into), and the arrowhead-shaped end. See the photos below. Giving due credit for the ID: the photos were first posted here in the What-Is-It? forum by BuckleBoy, several years ago. Yours is a bit larger than the one in the photos, but it has the exact same shape, 3 rivets, slot, and arrowhead-end.

Attachments

• strap-tip_valise_mid-1800s_fullview_TN_postedbyBuckleboy.jpg
    strap-tip_valise_mid-1800s_fullview_TN_postedbyBuckleboy.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 245
  • strap-tip_valise_mid-1800s_nearview_TN_postedbyBuckleboy.jpg
    strap-tip_valise_mid-1800s_nearview_TN_postedbyBuckleboy.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0
Kiros32, let me save you the effort of making the additional photos (quite reasonably) requested by my good friend Creskol. Your find is a valise-strap's brass tip... from the mid-to-late 1800s. The distinctive ID clues are the three rivets which attached it to the strap, the long narrow slot (for a "catch" to fit into), and the arrowhead-shaped end. See the photos below. Giving due credit for the ID: the photos were first posted here in the What-Is-It? forum by BuckleBoy, several years ago. Yours is a bit larger than the one in the photos, but it has the exact same shape, 3 rivets, slot, and arrowhead-end.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
I agree with CannonBallGuy because he knows, and I don't lol

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back