Brass1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 344
  • brass2.jpg
    brass2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 338
  • brass3.jpg
    brass3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 350
Is the rectangular hole wider at the top than the base? Pad-eye for a small swivel block or arm attachment point. The bolt had a tapered head (like a cut nail) that passed through the bottom opening but not the top. Could have been for anything from a hinge to a perambulator top bail to a block on the base of a curtain pull.

Upvote 0
If I may Professor... I don't think that this is a thing a ma bob I think it is a thing a ma jig. ;D

Regards
MichiganRob

Upvote 0
MichiganRob said:
If I may Professor... I don't think that this is a thing a ma bob I think it is a thing a ma jig. ;D

Regards
MichiganRob

Rob, since you beat me to it I have to change my answer!

Its a doo hickey!

Upvote 0
Maybe part of a drop-type drawer pull? Actually, I doubt it, as the top of the small "top" part would not be open if that were the case. Still, I think it's some sort of pull/pivot hardware, pretty much as Charlie P suggested.

VINSet4DropPullsFlat.JPG

Upvote 0
7mm on the "top" (small end) and 8mm on the "bottom" (round end).

Shoots my theory down.

Doesn't have enough moving parts to be a doo-hickey.

Toy robot foot? :D

Upvote 0
I reckon it's a valve thingy from a cistern,
the widest end holds a washer, made from whatever, maybe leather?
the other pivot end, controlled by a float on an arm which
opens or closes the valve, depending on the level of the liquid in it,
whatever it is ;D

Upvote 0
PBK said:
Maybe part of a drop-type drawer pull? Actually, I doubt it, as the top of the small "top" part would not be open if that were the case. Still, I think it's some sort of pull/pivot hardware, pretty much as Charlie P suggested.

Man... you are good! My brother is an antiques dealer and I have refinished a lot of stuff my self.. that was my first impression... furniture pull!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back