49.8 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0641 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0641 (Medium).JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 287
Lumber Tag ??? ???

HH tim ;D

Upvote 0
It could be a tool check or work check.

A tool check is handed in when a worker receives company-owned equipment in order to perform an assigned task. The tag is later reclaimed when the tools or other items are returned. This allows the company to keep track of its property and determine who is responsible for lost or damaged items.

A work check is handed in to a company clerk at the beginning of a shift or assignment, and then reclaimed when the shift ends or the job is done. Miners also use tags of this sort on ore cars, so that the proper individual or crew is credited for the load.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies all, I agree I think maybe it might be a mining tag, but the only thing that has been mined around here is salt...interesting thing, in the same area where this tag was found, in the middle of the woods...there were several piles of large rocks, basketball size......not from around here and I think maybe from the mountains, maybe the tag came from there as well, also foound civil war tent spikes near the same area

Upvote 0
rommelvon said:
Thanks for the replies all, I agree I think maybe it might be a mining tag, but the only thing that has been mined around here is salt...interesting thing, in the same area where this tag was found, in the middle of the woods...there were several piles of large rocks, basketball size......not from around here and I think maybe from the mountains, maybe the tag came from there as well, also foound civil war tent spikes near the same area

My first thought was mining Tags, we call them motties. Like you pointed out, don't assume local, the one I found was over 150 miles from the mine. In the UK thats half the country away.

Upvote 0
Don't assume it is a mining tag. It could be a work tag as PBK said from just about any company to check out things.

Daryl

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back