Brass object from Battle of Bulls Gap TN, any idea?

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac

Attachments

• 0405101430.jpg
    0405101430.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 569
  • 0405101431.jpg
    0405101431.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 462
Montana Jim said:
It's a bag, purse, or knapsack closure...

At least thats what I can tell from your pictures.

I was going to say the same. A pic of the top would help, and does the flat bit turn.

hammered

Upvote 0
Could it be the post portion of a shoulder scale attachment?

Upvote 0
I agree with the others, it's a turn stud button. The shoulder scale piece would be shorter had have flat piece at the end with small holes around it so it could be sown onto the uniform.

Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
I agree with the others, it's a turn stud button. The shoulder scale piece would be shorter had have flat piece at the end with small holes around it so it could be sown onto the uniform.

You all are probably right, but the reasoning behind my suggesting it as a possibility was this. Using my own fingers for scale, my middle finger on my left hand is right at ¾ of an inch at the point that this item is resting on the middle finger of the poster’s left hand. Based on the amount of finger shown below the body of the item, it doesn’t appear that that portion of it is more than ½ of an inch. Additionally, it has two tabs, such as the ones shown in the thumbnail that attach the turnkey to the base plate of the shoulder scale attachment. I thought that perhaps it might be the post that had come detached from the sew-on attachment plate. But not really knowing the physical aspects of a shoulder scale attachment, other than what I have seen in photos, my suggestion was purely speculative.

Attachments

• scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0
Hey Creskol
It's all cool. you don't know if you don't ask and then sometimes you still don't know :tongue3: The first shoulder scale piece I dug like that was missing the flat part that was sewed to the uniform. I thought I had part of a guitar for along time.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back