got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hope to get an ID on this it's a cool piece. Looks like it may be tack?

DSC03877.JPG DSC03876.JPG DSC03875.JPG

Thanks for any help. HH

Can you post a pic of the back of it? :) Breezie

Upvote 0
That looks the face of a web belt buckle.

Upvote 0
I'll post some pic of the back soon. I'am thinking it may be for a strap.

Upvote 0
Ok guys got the back pic.

DSC03886.JPG DSC03887.JPG DSC03888.JPG DSC03889.JPG DSC03890.JPG DSC03896.JPG

Thanks for the help, the Merc is for size.

Upvote 0
I can see the similarity in all of the above, the only other guess I would have would be suitcase hardware? Purse hardware? Some part that pivots I'd guess?

Upvote 0
Looks like it might be tack and went over a leather strap and part of of it is missing,,, ?

Upvote 0
Looks like it might be tack and went over a leather strap and part of of it is missing,,, ?

That's what I was thinking. It's to small for a belt as you can see from the shot with the dime. But it would be more like a strap or some kind of tack I would think. nhbenz may be in the right place with it to. Some one on here will get the ID.

Thanks Tnmountains hope your hunting is going good. HH

Upvote 0
It's a decorative buckle slide cover... it goes over one of these.

SS

Attachments

• m8SzosU1kSjtOeksrb0-LXA.jpg
    m8SzosU1kSjtOeksrb0-LXA.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 0
Still looking.

Got2Dig, Meaning no disrespect to your post, but I feel like your item has already been ID-ed by several people as a cover to a buckle. Since it is small, it could have been on tack, suitcase, or any small item that would have had a narrow leather strap and a buckle. Sometimes we just can't find a photo of the exact item. I know personally I have searched for loooong lengths of time trying to "the" right photo to solve an ID, but couldn't find it, but knew what the item was. This is true with genealogy search too, which I've been doing for over 30 years.. . . .sometimes you just have to pick the most logical answer. :) Breezie

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back