Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Attachments

• DSCN2097.JPG
    DSCN2097.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 909
  • DSCN2098.JPG
    DSCN2098.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 858
If it is old it hasn't been handled much at all, but probably wouldn't with a Brass Blade, Its delicate but not cheap, the end caps are solid with the side pieces. Brass pins also, No markings, But file Marks.

Upvote 0
Iim thinking its a --- fruit lovers "pocket knife"for cutting up acidic citrus fruits *--it brass because -- iron blades would react with the citrus fruits acidic juices , both tainting the taste and rusting as well.

is it for sale or trade ?

Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
Iim thinking its a --- fruit lovers "pocket knife"for cutting up acidic citrus fruits *--it brass because -- iron blades would react with the citrus fruits acidic juices , both tainting the taste and rusting as well.

is it for sale or trade ?

Think Ill keep it awhile. Got it on a knife site. I was thinking a fruit knife also, i Love collecting silver fruit knives. Never seen this one this style though. It would be a bad ass design in coin silver.

Upvote 0
Cool knife! Here is one like it that sold on eBay. Item # 150576662458

There must be a story with these.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Very Cool Looks to be the same other thank the decorative markings. Where did you find yours? Mine I got on a knife site, called AAPK (all about pocket knives) .

Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
Very Cool Looks to be the same other thank the decorative markings. Where did you find yours? Mine I got on a knife site, called AAPK (all about pocket knives) .

It is not my knife. I just Googled "Brass Blade knife" and found the pic on eBay.

I also searched a little to find a compelling reason to put a brass blade on a pocket knife. I didn't find anything. Seems like a poor choice of metal for a blade. I can't imagine it holding an edge for very long - unless it is a fruit knife or letter opener as stated in the previous postings.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Nice! I have one allmost just like it. My dad bought it for me in Thailand in the late 60's. I need to find it now!

Upvote 0
DFXScout said:
Nice! I have one allmost just like it. My dad bought it for me in Thailand in the late 60's. I need to find it now!

Love to see a picture of it.

Upvote 0
are ya sure its not a collectors knife with a gold plated blade?

have you tried putting a magnet to the blade?

Upvote 0
I don't know the history of the knife, but I know enough about brass to know you can't harden it to make a spring out of it. Perhaps a brass-colored alloy? Beryllium Copper or something? Non-magnetic and at one point used by the military for knives.

Upvote 0
Knife from Thailand

The knife you show is a 2.5 inch pocket knife manufactured in Thailand circa 1968. I'm not sure what metal it's made from altho my knives still have a very nice edge. I have 2 of the type you show and one that is 3.25 inch and various others with different plastic or wood grips all from Thailand bought when I father was stationed there in the Air Force. I estimate their value at appx. $20 US.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back