✅ SOLVED Brass bar

vhs07

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Cortez
Hi all. At first I thought that was a door opener from an old school type door, then realized it wasn't. Looks like some sort of bar to hold on to like from a boat or train. The end brackets have a flat spot to rest against a wall. It doesn't look made right for a fold out foot rest either. Its about 30" long. Btw, if you notice the bright sunny pics, it was 85 degrees here yesterday. Ran the heater in the morning the AC in the afternoon.
Partial 02 14 2014 2 003.JPG Partial 02 14 2014 2 005.JPG Partial 02 14 2014 2 004.JPG Partial 02 14 2014 2 007.JPG

Looks like a high dollar towel hanger. That was my first guess, but the way it's made really is a head scratcher. Why does it swivel and have the place designed for it to rest either on the floor or wall??? I want to watch this one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thinking a hand hold like you mentioned a train or early subway maybe a trolley car. Where was it found?

Upvote 0
Foot-rest/stabilizer from an old school desk.
I started looking in Google Images for 'Vintage Brass Foot Rest" which led me to this image:
036-m.jpg
Page says it's a back seat foot rest from a 1915 model T that folds out of the way when not in use.
This may not be exact, but I now feel sure that's what it is. Thanks for the replies.
Charles

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back