brass artifact (unknown)

schinia

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2017
Detector(s) used
whites spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found this (thing) near what is called a cave house, which they outlawed in the 18 century. it is in really good condition, but i am not able to get a sharp image. (it is not broken). i found this over 25 years ago, and went crazy trying to find out what the heck it is.

/Users/njenel/Desktop/DSCN0889.JPG

/Users/njenel/Desktop/DSCN0870.JPG/Users/njenel/Desktop/DSCN0877.JPG

magnify.gif
I know those darn pictures are here someplace! Sorry Schinia - I just couldn't resist. :laughing7: Take a look at: [HOW TO VIDEO] Upload/Attach/Center/Delete Images in Posts

Upvote 0
picked my pictures, went to the button (upload) and NOTHING happens. tried 15 times NOTHING! button doesn't work?? cleared cookies, and restarted. this is an iMac 1 yr old. this same system works on other websites w/no trouble.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think it is a fancy Victorian picture rail hanger with one hook snapped off.

Upvote 0
I think it is a fancy Victorian picture rail hanger with one hook snapped off.

actually thats what i thought. (some kind of hanger) but it has no holes, and as i said before it's not broken. it was found on property (20 acres) my father purchased in 1962. and the family that lived there, died in 1850. the nearest home is just over a mile away. this is really in the woods! i have found other things dated by the Smithsonian.such as army officers artillery uniform buttons dated 1793, and 1798 but they did say, they dated them from buttons with a different count of stars, mine had thirteen, and they knew nothing of the buttons w/thirteen stars. so was an educated guess.there were other things i found but years later, after sending them photos, and never getting a reply. i believe they closed that division. i had found a coin (as best as i can describe it) about the size of a quarter w/merchants exchange- wall st-new york on one side, and not one cent for tribute- built 1827- burnt 1835. i have never found anything about a merchants exchange in NY before 1835.

Upvote 0
Picture rail hangers simply hang by their hook on a piece of trim called a picture rail. The hangers don't have any holes. It looks like a clean break, so it might be hard to see.

Upvote 0
But, picture rail hooks had hangers that curved in opposite directions to each other.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back