bracelet of some sort

clenell

Greenie
Jun 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello folks. i found an unusual bracelet in my neck of the woods - ohio. it was in a metro area. if specifics are needed i can divulge. i am no professional detectorist by any means but i have dug a lot of holes :) this attached photo is the neatest thing i have found. its not gold or silver but it definitely looks like it was hand made - its a bracelet. it is not iron because there was no rust but it doesnt look like copper. has anyone seen something like this? there is no writing; just the mountains scratched/stamped onto the metal. every "mountain" is different. it looks native american but i dont believe they (native americans) worked with metal. so that leaves me baffled. secondly, its very small. whoever got this on their wrist was a teeny tiny person.

IMG_0563 (2).JPG

any help with who/when this was made or who i could ask?

thanks!@

Last edited:
It looks like one of the million styles of copper wrist bracelets that are sold for 'healing/health' purposes. Maybe someone took a plain one and self-decorated it? Or maybe it is indeed Native American.:dontknow:

Upvote 0
Will a magnet stick to it? How deep was it? Could have been a childs bracelet. IDK anything much about jewlery, sorry.

Upvote 0
I would say it is a 1970s "Hippie" bracelet. We used to cut the copper or aluminum strips, hammer stamp the design into the metal, hit it with the belt sander, then bend it with a mallet around the form. Four-minute job for $5.00 in 1971 - not bad money! :skullflag:

Upvote 0
Hi Folks; It is NONE of the above. It is Tungsten. They are mass produced and sold as healing bracelets. They can also mean the person is engaged. We find them here in Boston quite frequently. They also have Tungsten Wedding Bands as well. They are considered the Modern style by Yuppie couples ok. Value is $15. Enjoy. PEACE:RONB

Upvote 0
to me it looks like the type of lower quality handmade jewelry that comes out of India. lots of bracelets and chokers. is it made out of brass?

Upvote 0
Will a magnet stick to it? How deep was it? Could have been a childs bracelet. IDK anything much about jewlery, sorry.

nope, its not magnetic. its definitely something that was made by hand. it was not mass produced. every design is slightly different. the thing is not perfectly round but its close. you can also see on the edges that it was cut by something that didnt necessarily make a clean, nice cut - it was an imperfect process. the metal itself has lines in that lead me to believe it was hammered - but im not sure. i know little about smithing.

i found it in a park that was donated publicly in 1851... so it couldnt be super old. anyway... its prolly nothing but its the most interesting thing i have found yet.

i have a question... i understand i need to ask people to search on their property; thats a given. can i ask how do you guys broach the subject of what you find. do you offer it to them? if people let you search on their property do they expect whatever you find? im just wondering. i always look in public parks so i never find anything really spectacular. i need to start broadening my search.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back