bracelet i found today bras or gold?

jeff0172

Sep 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this bracelet today paid 5.00 for it i orginaly though it was copper as it was a copper color and had dirt all over it after i got done cleaning it it reveled a gold color anyone have any idea or know how to tell if its gold a brass other then taking it to a jewlery store? there are no marking's on the inside of it and does not have a smell to it (alot of people have told me brass smells) it is very heavy it weight's 40g amn is around 2 in a half inches wide any info or advice would be great! thanks
IMAG0642.jpgIMAG0639.jpgIMAG0640.jpgIMAG0641.jpg

Last edited:
they make a gold color copper? i thought it was brass

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dont forget green and black lol i have a acid test kit just cant find it

Upvote 0
dont forget green and black lol i have a acid test kit just cant find it

ok i tested it with 10k acid and it slowly disappeared could it be 9k or 8k? i know anything under 10k is considered not gold i dont have 8k or 9k acid i also tested it with the 22k to see what happened and it dis appeared slower then the 10k so idk if my acids are bad or what i also soaked it in lemon juice (someone told me that if its any metal other than gold it will tarnish) and it did not tarnish it came out cleaner

Upvote 0
You need to face reality. It's not marked as any type of gold, so that already makes it highly unlikely. It failed an acid test, so you're done. It's not gold.

Upvote 0
Jason ....the man just wanted to know.....we all get high hopes and let-downs sometimes. No need to be short with anyone. If it gets on your nerves easier to move on than step on toes. Best of luck and happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
Jason ....the man just wanted to know.....we all get high hopes and let-downs sometimes. No need to be short with anyone. If it gets on your nerves easier to move on than step on toes. Best of luck and happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

No shortness intended. The OP was clearly WANTING this to be gold and looking for any reason to call it gold.

Upvote 0
Again ......easier to just move on than make such comments. I was wanting it to be gold for his sake as well. Just my 2 cents. Lets let this dog sleep as none of us benefit from any further discussion and hope we all score a little gold. Best of luck.:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
Even if it turns out to be brass; It is still worth $5. Sometimes it is hard to tell what you have. A few years back, I bought a bunch of "Junk" rings from a place that was shutting down. Three of them turned out to be gold and there was a very nice Mothers ring that I had cleaned and gave to my wife. She loves it - the jeweler appraised it at $750 and that was 7 years ago... Keep looking...Chris

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back