RabidCaveman

Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900
Bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this a while back and thought it was pretty neat, just now posting it. During some down time on one of our jobs in St. Louis on the banks of the Mississippi, I decided to take a walk to the drift wood piles in search of old bottles. Only thing I found was this bottle with the glass stopper still in it. It looks like it had some paper in it but has been obliterated over the years. Does anyone recognize these markers on the bottom?
PXL_20230820_165924881.jpg
PXL_20230820_165910636.jpg
PXL_20230820_165905471.jpg

Upvote 13
I found this a while back and thought it was pretty neat, just now posting it. During some down time on one of our jobs in St. Louis on the banks of the Mississippi, I decided to take a walk to the drift wood piles in search of old bottles. Only thing I found was this bottle with the glass stopper still in it. It looks like it had some paper in it but has been obliterated over the years. Does anyone recognize these markers on the bottom?View attachment 2100317View attachment 2100318View attachment 2100319
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

I found this a while back and thought it was pretty neat, just now posting it. During some down time on one of our jobs in St. Louis on the banks of the Mississippi, I decided to take a walk to the drift wood piles in search of old bottles. Only thing I found was this bottle with the glass stopper still in it. It looks like it had some paper in it but has been obliterated over the years. Does anyone recognize these markers on the bottom?View attachment 2100317View attachment 2100318View attachment 2100319
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

I see the Owen's mark....an O in a square. This was before they merged with Illinois glass, so it dates to the 20s but the maker mark would narrow it down....can't make it out though.

I see the Owen's mark....an O in a square. This was before they merged with Illinois glass, so it dates to the 20s but the maker mark would narrow it down....can't make it out though.
Thank you! A round about age is good enough for me. I didn't know if it was just me and my wife who couldn't read the makers mark or what. I guess it's across the board, lol!

Pharmacists bottle.

Ground joint bottles were used by them and medical and science.

Also apocathary use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back