BOTTLE BONANZA--old site keeps on givin

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Went to my same old site for a couple of hours Monday. And when I got there the contractor showed me a old milk bottle he'd found on the bank, under all the metal and junk. He said he had removed most of the debris for the bank and told me there was lots of colored, broken glass but had'nt really noticed any whole bottles except the milk.Well, I went to the bank and looked over.. Bits of colbalt, china,a blob top here, aqua whiskey pieces.. Well I decide then and there, that I could detect this lot anytime but these bottles could'nt wait.Back to the car I go to get the small shovel I carry( In case I detect some manicured lawns-LOL) and borrow a large screwdriver from the builders. Off the bank I go pokin,probin, lookin.. The surface is loaded with some OLD pieces. I start to dig in a area with lots of glass, 30 seconds later a Wilsons Soda Works, Eureka Ca. A little digging and then I probe.. contact with a mass of bottles!!Next outta the hole,a Eureka 5c Store cream pint,next to a F.A Richter Pain Expeller, a aqua Staffords cone ink,a broken whiskey,and Mason came next. Then a amethest ten pin bottle, older than dirt,more broken, a little Dr. Rings Drug Store, Ferndale Ca. then the glory hole seemed to pan out. But probing the far depth of the rear I recover a aqua Florida Water and it was next to a mint amber Dr. J. Hostetters Stomach Bitters!!! I could'nt believe the bottles in this 8x8 area and stepping back I look down and in the pile of dirt I'd thrown out was a little amber Paul Jones Whiskey Sampler!! Stumbling around in pure bliss, I notice I'm 1/2 hour late to pick up my daughter. So I hurry my treasure to the car dirt and all, and call it a day.

Attachments

• all bottle.jpg
    all bottle.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 311
  • milk.jpg
    milk.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
I love those bottles...........Really cool

Hopefully there are more there too. I have never "bottle hunted" before but those finds sure do tempt me to give it a try.
My uncle had an awesome collection once. Someone offered him $14000 for it and my aunt "made" I mean persuaded him take it

keep it up

JT

Nice bottles!

HH

Lonewolfe

Great finds Reserectur. I need to find a bottle dump . Nice pics too. they all cleaned up well. HH

Beautiful bottles!! Isn't it funny how the time just flies by when you are having fun! ???

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back