hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I were an inventor, but that is not my cup of tea.
Bought a Blue Tooth set of headphones from ____________ a year ago, last spring. I have been wanting some kind of headphone set
to use, without the XXOO%#%&& problems with the line from the headphone to the detector. (A jokebook could be made of me and
my problems with too long of line nearly choking me, of getting wrapped around the leg of a small boy who was watching me detect, but then had to go ON THE RUN to catchup with a friend of his, and other not-so-funny stories.)
Anyway, bought the Blue Tooth set, read hurriedly over the instructions (who needs to read the instructions, right?), and then took the
set to the Korean hills with me.
Didn't take the instructions with me, just some notes I had jotted down.
Turned on my machine, and then plugged in the Blue Tooth to my machine, and then turned the headset on. WRONG ANSWER.
Don't do that.
The Blue Tooth headphones REPROGRAMMED MY METAL DETECTOR (without me saying they could), so from then on, my machine was
very quiet......even when I didn't want it to be. (I could hear the signals with the headphones on, but absolutely no sound could be forced to come out of my machine when the headphones were not plugged in.) (I would have some choice words for the Blue Tooth
folks, BUT the instructions did say to not set the headphones with the receiving unit the first time, plugged in. but, it was in real
small print, and they only told me once. When will I ever learn.)
Anyway, worked good, as long as the headphones were working. But, if there were a problem with the headphones.......which there was many times......then my machine was no good.

BLUE TOOTH PEOPLE. Your headphones do what they are supposed to do. But, they are "SISSY" headphones. They were not meant to be used in the mountains. Use them in your home, on a nice soft sofa with a cup of coffee, but they are not for the mts, or metal detecting. SO, develop a rugged set of headphones for metal detecting use.......PLEASE. I loved them. I need to hunt in the quiet, in some places. Your headphones worked great. But, they were not rugged enough for outdoor use.
Put them in a tougher, heavier plastic case. And, set them up to run on one or two AA batteries......AAA batteries have to be changed
while in the hills, and yours were not meant to be changed when ones hands are dirty, or the wind is blowing, etc.

I'll be the first to buy a headphone set you develop FOR METAL DETECTING. But, give me something sturdy, rugged, tough, that can take some banging around, being dropped, and that the battery that I put in will last me until I get back home, to MY sofa and pepsi.
(And, not CHINA, for heavens sake. Americans need the work.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back