Anyone know what this one is worth?

Thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey welcome to TNet,

I saw this earlier on A-BN, and know you have a good idea as to it's scarcity, and potential value. I cannot quite see the extent of the damage. Would love to see some good natural light photos, please.

Cleaned up a bit, it well could go North of Cleveland or Hamilton...

tumblr_ktq556VdUY1qzs6oc.jpg

PS: I'm staying tuned: Rare Blue Pontiled Steinke AND Kornahrens Soda Bottle Charleston SC | eBay

Last edited:
Hey welcome to TNet,

I saw this earlier on A-BN, and know you have a good idea as to it's scarcity, and potential value. I cannot quite see the extent of the damage. Would love to see some good natural light photos, please.

Cleaned up a bit, it well could go North of Cleveland or Hamilton...

tumblr_ktq556VdUY1qzs6oc.jpg

PS: I'm staying tuned: Rare Blue Pontiled Steinke AND Kornahrens Soda Bottle Charleston SC | eBay

Thanks! I figured I was probably asking all the same people lol I wanted to get a few different views on it though. I did wash it with soapy water, but it didn't really make it any better. I am thinking this one needs tumbling. The damage is the chipped top, some scratches, and a little discoloring. The auction is going pretty good so far...hopefully the bids will jump up some more. I will try to get some natural light pics.

...The auction is going pretty good so far...hopefully the bids will jump up some more. I will try to get some natural light pics.

Hey Luvtat2,

I'd do it like yesterday, were I you. What does light behind it do for the look? This is a slightly damaged, rarish iron pontiled early Charleston soda, having a little ground sickness.

If you're gonna sell it; SELL IT! Good photos, accurate description & photos of any issues. Don't mean to tell you how to sell it, but it's current presentation does not do the bottle justice, and I believe will handicap it's sale.

Good luck.

Thanks Surf for adding that E-bay auction link.. It would not surprise me if that one goes for $400-600 with the way they are bidding on it .. I think the value of this bottle are along the lines of $300-600 - apparently if you are going to sell it then E-Bay looks to be the way to score possible extra of what the real value would be at a relic shop.. Odd... that two of these bottles have sold for $1,000+ online, while a handful have been sold for only a couple hundred bucks.. Just really no steady price sometimes when it comes to online auctions..

Last edited:
Hey Luvtat2,

Thanks for the additional photos. I can now see the extent of the damage. What a shame. I wish you the best result possible. I fear that "chip" will cause it to fall short of Cleveland, but they're not making any more of these beautiful sided sodas. Good luck.

tumblr_lq9cp6DtVc1r1jvzno1_500.jpgtumblr_lq9cp6DtVc1r1jvzno1_500.jpgtumblr_lq9cp6DtVc1r1jvzno1_500.jpg

Looks like it sold for $514 on E-Bay.. not a bad score for the seller @ all...

Hello Hut,

I don't know if it sold, as I don't believe the reserve was met...

"US $510.00
Reserve not met"

Cros3.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back