Blue river in oklahoma

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wanting to see if anyone has done any prospecting on the blue river? I go trout fishing on the management land and it looks wonderful to dredge. I know you can't prospect on state land, was want to see if anyone has done anything on private land? This is my first post and would love to hear from you.

searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I searched
tn_02.gif
and found Blue River OK east of Durant OK (Jan 18, 2012)...

Hello and Welcome to TNET O.P. Try a search for K River just down the road from there and access thru K River campground.That is my stomping grounds.I dredge there year around be warned no huge deposites in Oklahoma but there is gold in them hills.Where you located im in Chickasha.

smile1.jpg

2013-02-02_15-10-04_870.jpg

I'm in Prague Oklahoma. I have stopped in at the k river and looked around once but didn't have time to do any prospecting. I trout fish the blue river by Tishomingo Oklahoma. The rock have quartz veins running in them. I have a 2.5 Keene dredge with air I tried it out in my parents creek in Cromwell and found some flour gold. I was Very surprised. Me and my parents took a trip to new Mexico last year at hopewell lake on the gpaa land. I'm so ready to go back had so much fun. What kind of overburden is in k river?

Love your dredge and wow that's some nice color in your pan! Is that from one day dredging in K? Not sure if I'm doing the posts right lol.

No it is not from 1 day it is from at least 50+ hrs of dredging.Gold in Oklahoma is few and very far between.Most gold is under -50.In the last year and a half I have 100s hours dredging K River.It is about the outdoors and enjoyment for me the shine is just a bonus.

I thought I had a pic of the time at my parents dredging there creek but I don't. I'm planning on going down there again I will make sure I get some pics to share with you guys. I still think that the blue river would be a good place to find some color. Maybe one of these days I will see you at the k river I need to make a trip down there. So what is the overburden like on k river?

The overburden is rock sand and gravel your 2.5 will pull about 1/3 of it my 4 pulls about 80% of it. I have run a 2 a 2.5 and my 4 found gold with all 3. I prefer my 4 it has air and a water heater for my wetsuit in the winter. Not to mention its a gravel eating monster.

How deep does the overburden run on kriver. I would love to have a 4" but the 2.5 does ok.

image-656019743.jpg

That's a good looking rig it will work great. The overburden runs anywhere from 1 to 6 feet or more depending if on a gravel bar or on a rock out cropping it is all flood gold so it is thru out the whole area. My best luck has been in main channel. There wlll be several hard pack layers. I am going Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

Welcome to tnet okla. prospector! - thats a nice little dredge you have. Those two dredge pics have us ca. boys longing for days of yore!

Thanks! I was born in Santa rosa ca, I still have family out there. I can't believe the things going on out there, looks like its time for you guys to get some new people in office.

I had to buy new pontoons for it last year so they are now grey. Next thing on the list is a new hose 2.5" I was hoping to find a local store to pick one up but no luck yet. I got he dredge off eBay lol with shipping $1200 which is a deal I think. I love using it. I will post my first picker I got with it. I don't have a pic on this device.

I had to buy new pontoons for it last year so they are now grey. Next thing on the list is a new hose 2.5" I was hoping to find a local store to pick one up but no luck yet. I got he dredge off eBay lol with shipping $1200 which is a deal I think. I love using it. I will post my first picker I got with it. I don't have a pic on this device.

I ordered mine online from Gold Rush Prospecting shop. Hard to find any prospecting stuff in Oklahoma. Do not use the suction hose that hardware stores sell it is not flexible at all.

Hello OBP long time no see! I hope things are well for you and yours.

OP as I told you in our messages OBP and Jason from Enid can help you out.
Yes there is gold on Blue river and it is small flour gold, 95% of the overburden is just loose sand and decaying quartz. Blue has mostly a clay bottom.
I know of a place on Blue that has deep crevices about 2' wide cut into the limestone. Its on OLD hwy 75 north between Durant and Caddo about 200 yards south of the bridge. The house by the bridge use to let us put out flat bottom boats in north of the bridge and we would take a float trip and fish down river to our place on Blue.

Not sure when I will get back that way but when I do you are more than welcome to come and try your luck on our land.

OKIE

Hello Okie all is fine on this end. I have found several more creeks in se Oklahoma that hold gold some of it very nice for here. Got a few places in Texas also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back