black rock

boojababy

Mar 21, 2016
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://http://rs1189.pbsrc.com/albums/z422/braddiegm/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160420_235112_230.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

If this pic works I find this in my backyard all the time, it has some weight to it but not as much as you would think for a rock this size (its about as big as a house key), it's not magnetic, it doesn't make the dectector go off, you can write with it, it doesn't burn easy but does break pretty easy, what is it

The pic link didn't work.

It might help if you tell us where you are located.

Upvote 0
My phone won't let me post, I am in central Minnesota, the rock is jet black mostly dull with bits of shiny black.

Upvote 0
Post a pic that we all can see not using a link
I don't open links because that's how you get a virus on your computer, including downloads
That's a warning for all you folks out there in treasure lands
BradyBoy

Upvote 0
Maybe slag? Not sure any black volcanic obsidian is found on the surface geology of Minnesota, as that also comes to mind by your description. Keep trying to post those photos so your post doesn't drift away unanswered and unsolved.

Upvote 0
My phone won't let me post photos by clicking on the icon of the tree in the square, it let's me get to the photo but when I try to upload it the phone goes back to my home screen.

Upvote 0
My phone won't let me post photos by clicking on the icon of the tree in the square, it let's me get to the photo but when I try to upload it the phone goes back to my home screen.

Maybe the photo size is too large. Check the file size. If all else fails, email or text the photo to a friend and have them join up and post it for you. Better yet, can just go to your public library and upload to their computers, then log in here and post it. There's lots of options. But without a photo, there's not a chance we can know what it is. Ideally, we would like to know size, hardness, specific gravity, dry weight, and include a photo. ....Ideally!

I know there are lots of really nice public libraries in central Minnesota - we used to live sorta near Brainerd.

Upvote 0
Could be, does coal burn? This doesn't.

Most rocks burn if you get them hot enough. That's how volcanoes work.

You can't get coal to burn with a cigarette lighter or match unless you're very patient.

Upvote 0
At this point, I assume this post is dead due to lack of pictures
If a link is sent, I don't open for obvious reasons
I agree, that he tried to post a pic that has a resolution that is not acceptable to this site
save as small or Med, never large
Brady

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back