Black potato chip becomes personal first

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
King Edward Dime 060124.jpgKing Edward Dime Reverse 060124.jpg

When I pulled it up it was a bent black disk. Ran my fingernail along the edge and sure enough it was reeded. So I had a dime, just wasn't sure if it was a Barber or a Seated. Well a little electrolysis proved neither! King Edward VII Canadian dime. The first I've found.

1919 IHP 060124.jpg1919 IHP Reverse 060124.jpg

I believe this is also my first 1909 Indian Head Penny, but won't swear to it. Have found plenty of 1909 wheaties.

Finds 060124.jpg

Today's finds...

1907 King Edward VII Canadian Dime
1909 Indian Head Penny
1938 Wheatback cent
Marble
Bling Skull

PBS

Upvote 20
Awesome finds! I'm trying hard to see an "S" on the reverse of that 09, doesn't appear to be happening!

Awesome finds! I'm trying hard to see an "S" on the reverse of that 09, doesn't appear to be happening!
I was doing the same once I saw the date.

PBS

1907, imagine the people back then, they likely couldn't imagine the 20th century being anything but prosperous and peaceful. Man had just invented heavier than air flight 4 years earlier, international ocean liner companies competed for the title of fastest and safest transatlantic journeys, Albert Einstein's 1905 theory of Special Relatively had just widened mankind knowledge of the universe, the telephone, phonograph, radio, and electric light bulb were becoming commonplace. The great European powers were at their height of Empire, with nearly unlimited natural resources at their disposal for profit and innovation. The map of the globe, besides the most inhospitable fringes of the poles, the likes of which Earnest Shackleton was about to attempt to fill in, were all but complete. Yet the world had just 6 years before the Great War would start, the dominoes of the horrors of the 20th century would then begin to topple - the revolutions, the fall of the European empires, WWII and the Cold War could not have even been foreseen by an imagination as insightful and creative as Jules Verne.

I used the technique you described in a response to my May 8th post to clean the IHP. Pretty happy with the results. Definitely displayable. Thanks for the tip.

PBS

1909 Comparison.jpg1909 Comparison Reverse.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back