Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So it's my birthday and was hoping for some good coin finds but the buttons took the show today. I like finding old complete buttons and today I got four. I also got a 1942 silver dime and a 1942 British half penny in the same hole. First time I found one of them type of half penny's. Also got a 1861 Nova Scotia one cent and a toasted holed token. Both seen better days. I also found a nice decorative little copper case that still opens and closes nicely. On they way home I was praying it had something in it because I heard a rattle but it was just dirt. Any IDs on the buttons would be appreciated. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474143555.476766.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474143563.130279.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474143572.096602.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474143578.179956.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474143586.465121.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474143592.849701.jpg

Upvote 9
Happy Birthday the older I get the quicker they seem to come LOL or CRY ol> Great finds though thanks for always sharing em!!!!!

Happy Birthday the older I get the quicker they seem to come LOL or CRY ol> Great finds though thanks for always sharing em!!!!!

I didn't take a photo yet but also found a nice horse shoe! [emoji106]

Happy birthday and congrats on some nice button finds.

Happy birthday Kiddo and some nice finds there.
Love to two bottom buttons in the first picture...the one with the crown and power horn looks very good...any ID on them ?
Gary

Happy birthday Kiddo and some nice finds there.
Love to two bottom buttons in the first picture...the one with the crown and power horn looks very good...any ID on them ?
Gary

Thanks. The one with the powder horn I think is something to do with the queens rifles. Some close to it have a
R B for rifle brigade but this one doesn't. The anchor button is what I'm most interested in so far. I know the old British navy buttons around that age had a crown to separate them from the merchant marines with just the anchor but the banner with the Motto has me stumped. I'd think only military would use a motto like that. I clearly see "gratia" in the middle of the banner. Hope someone chimes in with info and I can take better photos if necessary. The maker on back is something like
M D & co extra gilt.

The bugle button is English, Rifle Volunteers, 1859-1881. Can you post better pics of the other button with "gratia" on it?

Happy birthday and congrats on the cool buttons.

Congratualtions on the relic hunt! :occasion14:

The bugle button is English, Rifle Volunteers, 1859-1881. Can you post better pics of the other button with "gratia" on it?

I certainly will and thanks for the info! [emoji106]

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474166877.097193.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474166884.326348.jpg

Congrats on the great birthday hunt. You pulled some real nice buttons and coins. The big 4 0 is just around the corner.:occasion13:

Some really cool buttons, and love the little case! Thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back