All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image-4272382529.jpg
    image-4272382529.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,523
  • image-443546334.jpg
    image-443546334.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 717
Some of it will shock you at the actual value. Not my cup of tea but hopefully some of the others will chime in.:hello:

Upvote 0
I have some stoneware that's quite expensive but I'm assuming the value based on the other items she left. :-)

It seems to be porcelain because it's glazed all the way around but I suppose it could be stoneware. I'm not entirely sure how to tell the difference. It has some crazing and doesn't seem to chip easily if that helps.

Upvote 0
Ive seen a lot of pottery,etc, marks,never seen that one.The vase doesnt look too old,the bottom rim doesnt seem to be scuffed up too much from being moved.Over the years things get moved around,after 100 years of that,you can tell.

Upvote 0
I know she died in the 70s but that's the only timeframe I have. The bird appears to be done by hand and, while I thought it was a dove, at second glance it's beak is too long so I'm thinking maybe a humming bird.

Upvote 0
Its definitely not stoneware,or,salt glazing for that matter.Salt glazing on stoneware reminds me of an orange peel.The glazing on the vase looks too clean,smooth,for it to be.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back