jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GILBERTON - A nonprofit organization has paid for a billboard along Route 924 that tells the borough to fire its suspended police chief.
The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, a 501(c)(4) organization based in Washington, D.C., paid for the sign just off the Gilberton exit. It reads: "Gilberton Council: Fire Kessler. Even the Oath Keepers dumped him."
The Oath Keepers is a nonprofit organization founded in 2009 that encourages its members to disobey any orders that they feel violate the Constitution, such as disarmament.
Police Chief Mark Kessler said Tuesday that he has never been a member of the Oath Keepers but has done interviews and public appearances for its founder, Stewart Rhodes.
"I think it's comical," Kessler said of the billboard. "There's so many other things going on in life and they have to put a billboard up for me. I feel honored that I'm on everyone's mind."

Untitled.jpg

A picture was posted Tuesday on Kessler's Facebook fan page that shows Kessler holding a firearm while standing on the billboard. He also posted that anyone who wants to take a group picture on the billboard meet at 2 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot at 452 S. Lehigh Ave., Frackville. The post concludes with, "Don't forget to bring your firearms."

Billboard urges Gilberton council to fire police chief - News - Republican Herald

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back