Biggest Pulltab in the World!!

F

Floater

I started laughing when this came out. The signal tone sounded like a beer can but as usual I dug anyway. This tab comes out and I just about rolled over. I said oh great. I'm the one guy who finds the biggest pull tab in the world. :D :D So anyway heres the rest of the junk. I did manage an old Elgin Watch though and it says 10K gold filled. What the hell does that mean? :-\ HH
PS Thats a quarter in the middle of the tab I dug too.

Attachments

• pultab.jpg
    pultab.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 667
  • watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 671
Upvote 0
Sorry heres the watch close ups.

Attachments

• frwatch.jpg
    frwatch.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 645
  • 10kwatch.jpg
    10kwatch.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 635
bigrig40 said:
probably lost by the same guy you got those headphones from! ;D

peace,bigrig

ROFL ;D That was good BigRig. I swear I looked at it and said I dont even think a can of colt45 had a tab that big. :D

Might have come off of one of the big Foster's beer cans. Haven't seen them here, but when I was living in the Outer Banks of N.C. many moons ago we use to drink them. I don't remember how much beer they held, but do remember you only needed to drink a couple to get snookered!! LOL

HH 8) surfrat

Thats an awsome pulltab. Congratulations!

a thin layer of gold is pressed into the metal by running the base metal and the gold through a set of rollers while the base metal is hot.

Nice finds, Floater,,,,,,,That pulltab reminds me way back in the 60's as a teenager when we put STP oil treatment in our cars thinking they would go real fast like the Indy cars in the background while Andy Grannetelli gave us the sales pitch.....Those cans all had, and might still, have those big pulltabs for those big knuckled guys. Looks like with a new band, the watch is ready to go....Ha
Again, good finds and Keep Diggin!!! Goadster

could be off one of those big cans of beer, like fosters (australian for beer) they have those like pint cans or something with big pull tabs..Gregg..HH

The first thing I thought of was STP also. At one time the whole top of the can came off with the pull tab and that was an even bigger one! JIM

I think Goadster and Jimmileo got it. I think those old STP cans are the ticket.
Thanks Tank. I now know how gold filled is proccessed. WooHoo. ;D HH

Nice PT and a cool watch!!

Gold Filled: A laminate of gold and brass; the gold layer is much thicker than gold plating.

Keep @ it and HH!

They still use those big pulltabs on soup & chilli cans where the whole top of the can comes off so you don't need a can opener.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back