Big silver...finally

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been on a good streak here lately just doing short hunts. Did another short 1 hour hunt where I found the seated last night and found some clad, 5 wheats in the 40's-50's, and got my first half and first franklin right next to the sidewalk that leads to the old school. Didn't know how sweet it was to pull a big silver until now. I still have a little of that yard to cover and a little more at the yard next to it. Tomorrow afternoon I am hitting a site I have been waiting for so hopefully I can hit something good again. Thanks for looking.

100_1994.jpg

100_1996.jpg

100_1998.jpg

Upvote 0
Congratulations, I am still waiting for my own first big silver like that, but happy for you just the same. T.

Super nice, Congrats!!!
I have yet to find a Franklin...
Good luck on the new site tomarrow, & Happy hunting~

Nice Frankie, Mark!! I got mine a few weeks back too.

They are rare finds!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nice! I have yet to find a Franklin half. Hope you manage some more stuff in the rest of those yards! HH

Nice Franklin! Those aren't very easy to find. They had a relatively short lifespan (replaced by the JFK in 1964 as you probably already know).

You're on a streak! Keep it up.

Joe

I better hurry up and get back home before there is nothing left for me! Keep up the good work bud!!!! :thumbsup:

HH
Slipperyjack47

Nice find, I've dug several Barbers, Walkers and Kennedy halves, but never a Franklin. Weird, huh?? Congrats and keep on swingin'. :thumbsup:

Nice find :thumbsup:! I found my 1st silver half (and 2nd as far as that goes) this summer, and yea, you do tend to keep a smile on your face for quite awhile, it's a rush seeing that big, silver disc in the hole! Here's to more in your future! Good luck...

Nice Franklin, WH. Bet it looked nicer coming out of the dirt than another dirty Wheatie, eh? :wink:

HH
p.s. I picked up a '54 Franklin last winter CRH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back