Big mnt prospect

Oi Tramp look just above your head in picture #3 (the valley behind) your head looks like a dig was done there... anyhoo that's what they look like here... just wondering.. Good Luck out there.. Stay hydrated!

Coongrats GT. Maybe an old Spanish dig?

Hello GT - I know nothing of hard rock ops but enjoy your posts and pics! Looks like just as in river mining, it can be a tough call deciding where to throw your tailings, as is demoralizing to have to move tailings again :BangHead:

lol ever look at a rock and think .. gee when did i get that and why is it sitting off to the side? ya Tramp I had to clean the office this weekend too but after 200 lbs of really nice vein being crushed and panned.. i feel much better, and now i might even be able to crank up the hot tub to get rid of the aches and pains ... lol Glad to hear kiddos hand is better,, and love the picts!

Great thread especially with pictures to go with story loos like hard work men but that works gonna pay eventually probably real well!!!

Tramp - Short story about tailings - We spent a month dredging down through 8ft of big boulders, every day slowly winching by hand. Finally got the hole big
enough (about 30ft circle) and punched to bedrock in relitive safety. There it was! Beautiful little pickers laying in a v-shaped trough, running parallel with
the river. Ten days and ten feet forward, it ran out. 9 ounces! But here's the punch line - how much more was downstream? We'd piled boulders behind us
and of course the dredge tailings were back there too. Not a day goes by, I don't think about how much more is still laying out there!

Herb - can't tell anyone was ever there! All smoothed over from the 97 flood. And yes, I've been involved in those "discussions".

Last edited:
Herb, how do you identify silver ore? We have a new claim which has a silver mine on it, but no one in my club can identify silver ore.

Thanks,
Erik

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back