deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between working and in the process of moving, haven't had much time for anything else. Did manage a hour long hunt the other day then another longer hunt.
First hunt was the hour long hunt and managed to find what we think might be an early Classic Head large cent, it's pretty toasted. Shortly after the LC got a faint 79-80 hit that sounded more like a wheat and not silver. Flipped a plug and saw a dirty rim sticking out of the plug, I was still thinking wheat. Pulled it out and a little clean up and it turned out to be a 1903 barber dime.
Second hunt was a few hours long and was a copper hunt all the way. Started off finding a totally toasted old copper.
Then for a while it was the usual shell casings and modern lead. Did pull a 1917 and a 1903 Indian. I did find a ring that looked silver all the way until I took a closer look, junker. After the ring I dug what we think is part of a old cufflink. This is the same field I got the other piece we throught was the top piece of a old cufflink and that one turned out to be 10k gold. This one looked to be gold too at first but, a closer look and you can see it's plated.
Moved to a different area not far from where I found my first ever silver religious pendant a couple weeks ago. Got a good low 80's hit, flipped I plug and thought I had another silver pendant. Just another junker. It was a good hunt for possibles. Lol
Then getting late I pulled two old coppers back to back with in 15 minutes of each other. First one a Braided Hair large cent but, the date looks like 1858? It has to be either a 53 or 56 but, looks like 58? Second one is clearly a Braided Hair large cent 1849.
On this same hunt the kid was with me and he made out good. He found himself a toasted LC to start off then found the better part of a silver cross pendant. Then to finish his hunt he found a ring stamped 18k 950? We're thinking it's platinum and gold? He has all the luck...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Upvote 13
Excellent recoveries again DS. You consistently nail those coppers bud.

Very productive, ,
Nice Barber and coppers those spots are proving their potential. Mixed Gold and Platinum is something I have never recovered.
Congratulations

Excellent recoveries again DS. You consistently nail those coppers bud.

Been a lot of old coppers so far these year, these make a 13 with two being half cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back