Biden: The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions for Gun

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Biden: 'The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Gun

Biden: 'The President Is Already Lining Up Some Additional Executive Actions' for Guns

2:44 PM, Apr 18, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

Joe Biden says the president of the United States is preparing to take "executive actions" to deal with guns.

BuzzFeed reports:

Vice President Biden told White House allies in the gun control fight Thursday that President Obama will be announcing new executive actions on gun violence in the days after the Senate voted down a gun violence bill.

On a conference call with "stakeholders," Biden told gun control advocates that the fight is not over and that eventual action on gun control will come. Press were not invited to the conference call; a participant provided BuzzFeed with access.

"Look I know you're going to say that I'm just being an optimist and I'm trying to put a good face on this. But you know I've been around here a long time and we've already done, because of you, some really good things," Biden said. "Number one, the president is already lining up some additional executive actions he's going to be taking later this week."

After the Newtown shootings, Obama took a number of executive actions to expand research into gun violence and other areas favored by the gun control community. He took the actions without Congressional approval, leading to outrage by some conservatives.

Gun control measures failed in the Democratic-controlled Senate earlier this week.

UPDATE: And now Democratic majority leader Harry Reid has pulled the gun bill:

It will be interesting to see what Obama tries to pull next. I think everyone with any sense are maddened by his executive orders and cherry picking choice parts of the Constitution.

I think people are somewhat "running scared" especially since the Boston bombings. I had an attempted burglary 10 days ago. It was an Epic fail due to the security system. However, I don't feel more secure, I fell less. I don't think there will be as much support for gun control as people may finally figure out there is no such thing as "safety" and the police clean up messes, and don't get lucky preemptively protecting people. Wish that wasn't the case.
(Maybe I'll get lucky and see the opossum outside on the security camera tonight.)

So how do you think this particular president will go down in history?

He pulled the bill all the way? Or did he put it in his pocket?

I would think that Pres. would be happy with the gun control measures now off the table.......He won't have to resister his drones now!

Drones...? DOD has 'em, now... NOT the PREZ.

Who is at the top of DOD chain of Command....?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Can you spell IMPEACHMENT? Kind of sad when you try to usurp the Constitution of this country by treading on the bodies of murdered children.

Who is at the top of DOD chain of Command....?

The PREZ does "sign off" on recommendations of DOD after consulting with HIS "SECURITY COUNCIL"...

BTW, you REALLY mean that "GUILTY AS CHARGE" poster... "AND PROUD OF IT"...?

Last edited:
The PREZ does "sign off" on recommendations of DOD after consulting with HIS "SECURITY COUNCIL"...

BTW, you REALLY mean that "GUILTY AS CHARGE" poster... "AND PROUD OF IT"...?

If your reading it correctly then yes...Trouble is no telling what spin your trying to put on it...

I agree with the statements....

Has anyone noticed When you take the bottle from a baby he (Or she ) cries louder? And sometimes they get Pi$$ed.

IMHO, any exec. order, essentially an end run around Congress does two things.

1. Allows the Pres. to say that he is responding to the masses, once again feel good politics.
2. I f this deadlocked Congress gets it's ire up, we face a stonewall on legislation, and decisions that need to be dealt with, that benefits no-one, and makes no sense.

Mr Obama is entitled to do what he is allowed to do under the Constitution, but I hope he sees the long haul, and not just another gesture to make backers think he is doing something. One criticism I have always had is the now the election is over, stop the constant campaigning, stay in Washington and govern.
That's what you all were elected to do

It is an end run around congress and the constitution, a 2 bit banana republic move...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back