All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• phish.jpg
    phish.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 142
  • phish2.jpg
    phish2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 137
been a couple years since I got one of them, unless they are going directly to my trash email account.

I never had an account with paypal, yet they had me in their system :icon_scratch: I personally think
ebay was selling names to china

been a couple years since I got one of them, unless they are going directly to my trash email account.

I never had an account with paypal, yet they had me in their system :icon_scratch: I personally think
ebay was selling names to china

To most I think it would be pretty obvious, but it's a warning for newer folks. I mean really, why would you trust a [email protected] email from a Yahoo account?

i get emails from paypal and my bank alot, but i just click the trash icon and dont even bother reading them..

i had someone i talk with on another site spam a fake paypal email sender once by responding (knowing it was fake) to mess with them.
they ended up wanting him to western union them money & he never sent anything but after about 20 emails back and forth the paypal spammer finally gave up lol.
my friend managed to trace his ip address somehow and pinpointed it to a mobile home parked behind a house somewhere in the woods out in kentucky. :dontknow:

pretty amazing what people go through to spam people to get money from them. it happens though, ive read twice now in the past year in the town newspaper that a elderly lady filed a police report after having her bank account emptied after she sent money to these email spammers.

Thanks for the heads up ! I receive items from paypal, and I just delete them..It seems like lots of people are getting scammed , so be aware. :whip2:

Whenever I get those I forward them to The Security section at PayPal

Have you guys gotten phone calls recently saying they are going to send out new Medicare Cards? Wife got one last week and hung up immediately. I got one yesterday. Lady with a heavy accent said new Medicare cards were being issued and she needed some info. She got my attention because she had my full, middle name and complete address with Zip. I knew it was a con but I listened. She must have flunked out of Con School because the first question she asked was, she needed my SS number and the name of my bank so I could receive the new cards. Then I hung up. Caller ID and Google showed the call came from Texas.

Don't fall for the phone calls and e mails that you win money, but you have to pay taxes. Bunch of crooks.

Have you guys gotten phone calls recently saying they are going to send out new Medicare Cards? Wife got one last week and hung up immediately. I got one yesterday. Lady with a heavy accent said new Medicare cards were being issued and she needed some info. She got my attention because she had my full, middle name and complete address with Zip. I knew it was a con but I listened. She must have flunked out of Con School because the first question she asked was, she needed my SS number and the name of my bank so I could receive the new cards. Then I hung up. Caller ID and Google showed the call came from Texas.

I'v received them, I just hang up

I'm not even old enough for Medicare

they come on my Cell phone & by the way do not call lists are a scam too.
these phone spammers still call

Then I hung up. Caller ID and Google showed the call came from Texas.

My goal is to have every spam caller hang up on me. If they are going to waste me time i will waste theirs.

So far doing pretty good. I even had one apoligise before he hung up on me.

Do a google on Tom Mabe. He HATES spam callers and makes a lot of money off them.
listen to a couple of his calls.

Don't fall for the phone calls and e mails that you win money, but you have to pay taxes. Bunch of crooks.
Lately I have been getting calls "will you accept a toll call from ...mumbled name...?"
Just hang up or you will probaly be paying for some very high long distance charges.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back