Best Month Ever! Amazing group of coins!

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that in 34 years of metal detecting I had my best month. It could be the new CTX 3030 works better or it could be that I've really been searching out good spots and just plain old swinging the loop more. Most of the coins came out of 3 different spots and several were firsts for me. I found my first 2 Reale, first Seated Half and first Counterfeit British Halfpence. Spot 1 included the 2 reale, the 1817 and 1820 large cent, the constable badge and old pocket watch. Spot 2 included both seated quarters, the seated half, one of the half reales and 3 of the Indians including the better date 1873 and a worn draped bust large cent. The 1872-S half and the 1878 quarter came out of the same hole and the 1876-S quarter and the 1873 Indian came out together from a different hole. Spot 3 included the other 2 half reales coming out of the same hole, the halfpence (looks like 1775 but hard to tell),the 1876 seated dime and the large flat button. I had visited this site a few weeks ago and only found the large flat button, but it made me want to go back as it indicated an old site. The other Indians and silver came from the woods behind an old ball field. Also found a good old Zippo lighter and while walking a path spotted the Indian arrow head point. Never found one of those before either.

For those of you out swinging the loop, I hope you have as good a time as I've had this month.

silver coins found June 2013 obverse.jpg silver coins found June 2013 reverse.jpg

copper coins found June 2013 obverse.jpg copper coins found June 2013 reverse.jpg

june misc finds.jpg

Upvote 17
Don, Great bunch of finds congrats are in order! One diverse collection you have there,hope you leave some for the rest of us! HH...

I can only dream at this point guy to someday match that... GOOD JOB... Brad

Some nice finds right there.

Unbefreakinlievable Man !!! Those finds would make my year , and i'm not exaggerating ! Outstanding Amigo !

wow that's some great looking finds.

I was talking to a friend tonight and was saying the same thing. If these were my highlights for the year I wouldn't be disappointed.

Unbefreakinlievable Man !!! Those finds would make my year , and i'm not exaggerating ! Outstanding Amigo !

Those are some sweet finds! They would make anyone's year.

Coingrats,

Buck

Wow!! What a great month. Several of your one months finds have been on my bucket list for years.

I hope your finds streak continues with your new CTX!

WOW MAN THATS SOME DAME GOOD HUNTING

Amazing month indeed:notworthy:

So glad the sun is shining on your efforts, we should all hope to be so fortunate!

HH,
Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back