Best guess, real or fake? Common sense assesment please

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I never find another pull tab in the future, I will never forget the thrill-shock-can't believe my eyes moment today. Many hours of beach hunting this year had been less than exciting, but the knowledge that somehow, somewhere there WAS gonna be a moment like that keeps us swinging. I saw the bling and chain in my scoop and without even looking at it again, slipped it into my pants pocket. Too much to take in at the moment, so I decided not to look at it until I was finished for the day. I kept swinging for another hour and then reached into my pocket and yes, it was there. I looked at it quickly and saw the wedding set, starfish locket, and a cool mother of pearl and silver piece. All four pieces were strung on a chain. It's funny but I never thought of whether or not the diamonds were real. The whole experience was priceless. I will post a followup when I have the appraisal done. Real or not, the items are not for sale!

Attachments

• DSCF0043.JPG
    DSCF0043.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • DSCF0040.JPG
    DSCF0040.JPG
    916.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF0034.JPG
    DSCF0034.JPG
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 96
Welcome to the forum!

I don't think any of us can tell by only looking at photos whether it is real or not, BUT there are 2 quick test you can try on the larger diamond. Sit it upside down on a piece of newspaper print, if you can read the print (letters) through the stone, it is not real. Also, you can put the large diamond near your mouth, and breathe on it like you are fogging a mirror/window, and if the stones stays fogged for 3 or 4 seconds, it's fake. A real diamond will defog in a second.

Are any of the pieces marked?

GREAT finds! : )
Breezie

Upvote 0
Just circumstancially I'd say real but the big one might be fake if the previous owner was not rich.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back