Best find to date

RKinOI

Nov 18, 2004
Got up this morning and decided to hunt for a while. Went to the old Lincoln Academy in Gastonia NC. I have hunted this spot about 20 times, The first 10 or so I did pretty good. Got about 10 or 12 silver coins(2 barbers) a small gold cross and a small gold ring. Since that ,I have been pretty unsucessfull at that spot. The weeds are down so I figured I would try to hit some spots that I normally can't get to.Walked about 30 ft and got a good coin signal, a 1918 D Merc. Cool I said that makes it worth coming out here. So I kept detecting and about 20 ft. later got a nickle/ring signal and dug my first gold watch that is complete. I knew it was old cause the place closed in 45,man I was happy. I sat down on a log and had a smoke. Got up and searched for another hour and pulled out 6 wheats then headed back to the truck. I dug in my pocket and the watch and merc were gone,yep I had a big hole in my pocket. Cursed for a bit and then went back to the log I had sat on. Started retracking, I spent 1-1/2 following my tracks through the leaves, got back to the truck really upset, looked down and there they were, right beside my truck. I guess I got lucky three times today

Attachments

• DSCF3709.JPG
    DSCF3709.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 465
  • DSCF3711.JPG
    DSCF3711.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 487
  • DSCF3706.JPG
    DSCF3706.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 480
Most of us discovered it at the other board anyway. We're sharp like that! ;) Nice watch. Monty

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back