Best coin find lately came from under the bed....some other relics and stuff...

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up all...been doing a decent amount of hunting lately with the great virtually unfrozen ground and absence of snow (and the intense semester being over!). Kind of in a coin slump compared to the rest of the year's success but I can't complain. I was glad to have the opportunity to join in hunting the early 1800s structure that Dan/Mirage located. Found some neat relics including the old truck and broken up army jeep. Also a nice 1939 merc that I found close to the foundation (not included in the pics). The prickers were real bad here and no doubt prevented several more nice finds from being made (yet).

stuffG-1.jpg

tuffB.jpg

tuffD.jpg

Here's a few things from the usual haunts...I'm discovering once again that we need to come up with some fresh sites.
stuffA-2.jpg

I guess you'd call this a crotal bell; it's a little different than the others we've found. Found it pretty deep in a park bordering some old houses.
stuffB-2.jpg

Front of the bell and an old button(?) I found at a different park. Found it in an area where we've found IHs and at the same depth as them.
stuffC-2.jpg

Other side of the button.
stuffD-1.jpg

These were found at the 1836 LC site. Miniball and another flat button.
stuffF-1.jpg

Also hunted the Berg for a little while. I felt like exploring a little, hoping to increase my chances of finding silver as opposed to just staying in the wheatfield digging wheats. Didn't work out as well but you never know til you test out some things.

stuffE-1.jpg

Finally...I was rearranging my room the other day. I moved my bed which hasn't been moved in probably close to 10 years. Behold, on the ground amongst the dust and dog hair, with Mirage present as well, was a penny. An IH! This came from when I was filling a whitman folder full of Indian Heads by date (still have it), which was before I even thought about metal detecting. I think I even remember years ago being disgusted about knowing that I was missing an IH but not knowing where it went. Haha. :laughing7:

IH.jpg

IHB-1.jpg

Have a great Christmas yall!

Upvote 0
Forgot to throw in some pics of a bottle I found. It's probably nothing but figured I'd show it anyway.

bottleA.jpg

bottleB.jpg

bottleC.jpg

Nice stuff. Yep size 4 or 6 crotal bell...The ones with the one cut is a crotal, the ones with the cross cuts are sleigh bells..or at least thats what I think they are..Nice injun too.. :thumbsup: jgas

Nice assortment! How about a closeup on the Lucky piece? The one I just found had a real interesting story to go with it!

:D You need to move your bed more often, Nate. :icon_thumright: :D Love the site pic and that last pic of the bottle could be in a magazine. Very nice!!!

Merry Christmas!! Nana

i bet theres coins under my bed! along with everything else. i missing a wheat but mines a key date 1909s with horizontal s thank god i hve another 1 but the missing one was a vf-xf i was going to have slabbed :dontknow: willy

Re: Best coin find lately came from under the bed....some other relics and stuff

That is a good Indian Cent. I really like the buttons, too.

DM

halfdime said:
Nice assortment! How about a closeup on the Lucky piece? The one I just found had a real interesting story to go with it!

I know what you mean; they can be quite interesting! Unfortunately these are mostly illegible. But nonetheless:

picA.jpg

picB-1.jpg

A lot of the ones we find just say "Josh loves Jane 1979" or "Roger is a spazz" etc. lol. But you never know what's gonna be on em.
Thanks for the comments yall! Have a great Christmas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back