Best Christmas Eve ever!

A. Fitzpatrick

Dec 4, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some traveling from Virginia up to Vermont for Christmas to see family. It’s cold and there is no shortage of snow. I assumed the ground would be pretty frozen but brought my detector anyway. I shoveled The snow off of a few areas of the front yard and to my surprise the ground wasn’t too hard, so I started swinging! Found a wheat penny, some modern coins, toy truck and some junk. I had to run around and do some last minute shopping and see the wife’s family. Got back after dark and decided to give it another shot.. put on my headlight and got back to it. After an hour and finding about 5 pennies.. I was about ready to quit and got another decent signal.. so I dug it and what I found blew my mind! First Morgan ever!

Attachments

• 743CA626-BD3E-44BA-810E-04A427DA72C1.jpeg
    743CA626-BD3E-44BA-810E-04A427DA72C1.jpeg
    860.6 KB · Views: 143
  • F97DDA52-DB94-4251-BAF7-6DA5EB93D46A.jpeg
    F97DDA52-DB94-4251-BAF7-6DA5EB93D46A.jpeg
    757.5 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 35
Merry christmas to you !!! Congrats !! Awsome christmas present !!

Nice! Way to beat the elements.

You must have been a good boy for Santa to leave you that for Christmas!!

Congrats on the Christmas eve Morgan. :occasion14: They seem to like to get rescued on Dec 24th. Here's the one I pulled 12/24/2016, a little while later I dug my 1st class ring. Both were bucket listers.

20161224_153403.jpg

No excuses from you! That's a great example and a pretty good story too. Congratulations

Many people who have been detecting for many many years still haven't found one. I was lucky and found one my second year .This is a good sign Merry Christmas Tommy

Nice biggie congrats on your first.

Normally snow will insulate against frozen ground, its when its frozen first before the snow its an issue.

Thanks everyone, and merry Christmas! My moms house where I dug that coin was built in 1860 so I’m sure there is more to find on her property. It will have to wait until spring as I am headed back to Virginia, but you can bet I’ll be hitting it a whole lot more.

OK, that settles it. I am headed out the door to freeze my butt off AGAIN! Thanks for the inspiration to do what most "sane" folks would never consider. Congrats on that once in a lifetime HUGE coin find for most folks. Time to warm up the Command Vehicle.:coffee2::hello:

Big-O-Silver gets you a Big-O-Congrats. Way to stay at it.

Congratulations on the very big silver! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back