Berks County PA

are you going to hit the schuylkill river area or moselem springs? Neversink mountain? The Pagoda? the Firetower? I'm not going to tag along, but I did live in that area for most of my growing up life.

Whatever you do, don't hunt the Reading Airport grounds on the east side of it, or the north side either. You'll never find anything along the roads they used to have motor car races on back in the early 60s, never. :icon_jokercolor:

My in-laws house, which is near Kutztown, was built in the 1860's so I'm going to start there. The local Fire Company used to hold events (dances, cook outs) behind where the garage is in an open area. Those events happened in the 1940's according to the in-laws. All in all I've got 26 acres to search so I won't run out of things to do.

I'd like to get in on some of those PA farm field hunts that yield the old coppers and an occasional silver.

Thanks for the tips

ps - I like to eat at that restaurant at Moselem Springs

dmac730 - I'm not far from you if you want to meet up some time. I am north of Coatesville.

Brian

Well I managed to get today to the dried-up lake and only found fishing sinkers and beer cans. It does prove that the site has not been touch very much. I'm still learning to use my Ace 250 and so not getting the good finds yet. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back