Bergie in San Francisco

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Had the day off today and hit a park area above the Cliff House along the Pacific Ocean in San Fran. Spent two hours and got 7 quarters, 9 dimes and two memorial pennies. No silver. I'm sure that area has been hit for years. Great view of the ocean, lots of surfers out today. Then went down the hill and had an amazing Dungenous crab and avacado omellette at the Cliff House overlooking the ocean. It was about $17 bucks, but some things are worth it. Loaded up with chunks of real crab, thick slices of avacado and served with fried potatoes and some fruit. My best find of the day. Heading to Europe tonight, but I can't bring my detector. It's all work. Going London, Paris to Munich in five days, so have to travel light and no extra time to detect. Will be hitting a beer garden Thurs. night in Munich for sure, however. Bergie.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a great time Bergie! Good finds, good food, and soon, good German beer!!! Enjoy your trip!!

Thanks for the good wishes. One more thing. I went down to the beach for a bit and my Discovery 1100 (Radio Shack/Bounty Hunter) just constantly gave a silver copper tone such that I couldn't detect. What gives?

Hi Bergie. If you get close to the water the detector will go off on the salt in the water if you don't have a top of the line detector. I used to have a BH and it did the same thing.

Thanks, it was all wet sand, so that explains it. Tide there goes all the way to sea wall.

Hey free!

We are fortunate here in Northern Kentucky to have the ONLY Hoffbrauhaus in the States! Newport Ky, to be exact!

I am ashamed to say though, that I ahve not been yet. Just about everyone else has and raves about it! Can't wait to try it out myself!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back