🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Belt buckle part of kettle point?

Glen's Loyalists

Jan 7, 2024
So I was going thru some the the bits and pieces of items I have found and came across this, which I found on the farm last year.

The cut outs on the wide top end looks like it it would have been tied to something, similar to a kettle point. However, it has a curve more like a buckle pin. As you can see it is fairly thick, pointy but not sharp.

Any thoughts?

IMG_2888.jpg

20240725_012533903_iOS.jpg

So I was going thru some the the bits and pieces of items I have found and came across this, which I found on the farm last year.

The cut outs on the wide top end looks like it it would have been tied to something, similar to a kettle point. However, it has a curve more like a buckle pin. As you can see it is fairly thick, pointy but not sharp.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 2163719

View attachment 2163720
Seems to have some thickness to it also.
I'd vote for a Kettle Point.
Nice save.

Upvote 3
There are numerous copper occurrences in Nova Scotia, so I'm going with copper culture which predates the kettle points by a lot.
Okidokie smokey. I think you are onto something here. It certainly does look like float copper now that you mention it. It has that thickness and texture of natural copper. Even cooler than a kettle point. Great something else to add to the bucket list now.

Upvote 2
Really! Wow, I am surprised. I am going to have to dig through all my unidentified relics, thanks.
Let us know if you find anything interesting. If you look at my avatar Pic, those are my copper culture relics. The small one in the center is a dart tip that I miss identified as junk initially. Turns out it's thousands of years old. So glad I didn't toss it and later found it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back