Beginner metal detector for dry land and beaches.

Rawkfist

Greenie
Dec 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just beginning. I am about to buy my first detector and need some help on deciding which machine to go with. I will be doing wooded areas and beaches (salt water). Which machine would be best for this? I would like to keep the price around 200. If I cant get a decent machine for that price then maybe just a dry land machine for now until i get used to detecting. I live about 15-20min from the beach and eventually would like to do them. Thanks in advance.

There are several good land machines that fit in your price range. The herd will be along shortly to tout whichever one they use. Salt water is a different animal. You can use a land machine for dry sand, but if you want to search wet sand you will need a PI (pulse induction) machine, and that would be much more expensive.

200.00 will get you a fisher f2.decent machine at a great price.dry sand only.my wifes kicks butt on the dry.

Herd is slowly showing.
As saltwater beaches can initially be difficult, I recommend familiarizing yourself with metal detecting on dirt.
Many competent machines for $200. The F2 will suit you well. Also, factor in cost of a quality pinpointer, as you will realize, a pinpointer is a necessity.
GL
Peace ✌

EUROTEK PRO enough said.

Welcome to TNet Rawkfist!

Look around and enjoy the different treasure topics we have to share.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back