Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finally went out for a couple hrs after being laid up since last Sept.
went to one of my fav spots knowing that its been hammered but wanted to get in
I was right - it had been pounded but felt so good to get in the water
got almost nothing - few coins - little trash
located my gal sitting on the beach and made a straight line for her - she saw me coing and started packing her stuff - normally i pull my headphones off and shut machine off as i exit the water - i kept swinging as i hit
the wet sand - got a nice signal that sounded like a penny - was surprised after one scoop I stuck it in the water to clear the sand and saw silver ring...continued to my GF and had her reach in and take it.
She looked inside and saw 925 - so happy i got something - had she sat in a different spot - would not have got it. While i got changed she looked inside the ring again and she told me it had Versani stamped in it
not just a cheap silver ring
thumbnail_image000000 (1).jpg

thumbnail_image000000.jpg

Upvote 26
in the water i was fine - doctors still have not completely cleared me
getting from car - to and from the water is still a problem
i lost so much leg mass and strength - my legs on land want to give out after
50 yrds so i have to rest few times along the way - water was like 200 yrds from car ...soooo
I have a trip coming up in 2 weeks so i have to try and strengthen my legs - its tough
cause docs still want me to stay off my feet :tongue3:

Glad to see ya back Casper!!! Was curious I hadn't seen u post for awhile, happy ya got something for ur time and here's to getting better :occasion14:

Glad you're on the mend there Don! :icon_thumright:

in the water i was fine - doctors still have not completely cleared me
getting from car - to and from the water is still a problem
i lost so much leg mass and strength - my legs on land want to give out after
50 yrds so i have to rest few times along the way - water was like 200 yrds from car ...soooo
I have a trip coming up in 2 weeks so i have to try and strengthen my legs - its tough
cause docs still want me to stay off my feet :tongue3:
Rehab and therapy are no fun.
Plus your circulatory system and heath condition must be guarded as well.

Losing strength happens fast. And as you know , getting it back takes longer than losing it did.
In my case I'm losing bone density from too little weight bearing on it in places.
So within the parameters of not hurting your health , ease into gaining strength in your legs.
it's fine if it takes time.
And being in water might be part of your recovery....i can see it challenging both core strength and muscle in response to shifting weight. And a hula in the water isn't as attention grabbing. l.o.l..

Still . You did it!
Easy does it. Onward.

Glad you’re back at it bud, I still remember many of your posts from over a decade ago and man you know how to find gold!

Congratulations on getting out, and congratulations on a nice find!

Detecting in the water should definitely count as rehab. In my wife’s recovery from her hip replacements, she said the water walking at the rehab facility has helped her more than anything else with regaining strength. As long as you are remaining safe getting from car to water, and you carefully inspect your feet after each and every detecting day to make sure there’s no early skin injury, I would think what you’re doing would add to your rehab, not detract or endanger it.

Good to hear youre getting out ..best of luck w rehab..

Glad you’re back at it bud, I still remember many of your posts from over a decade ago and man you know how to find gold!
nice to be remembered - lot of the new people dont know me at all
used to be i would wear a Casper shirt down in Florida and everyone with a machine would come up and shake my hand - one day i had like 6 hunters come up and meet me at once - they read my post from many different forums - some i had helped or inspired over the yrs - which made me feel good
thanks for your post :icon_thumleft:

finally went out for a couple hrs after being laid up since last Sept.
went to one of my fav spots knowing that its been hammered but wanted to get in
I was right - it had been pounded but felt so good to get in the water
got almost nothing - few coins - little trash
located my gal sitting on the beach and made a straight line for her - she saw me coing and started packing her stuff - normally i pull my headphones off and shut machine off as i exit the water - i kept swinging as i hit
the wet sand - got a nice signal that sounded like a penny - was surprised after one scoop I stuck it in the water to clear the sand and saw silver ring...continued to my GF and had her reach in and take it.
She looked inside and saw 925 - so happy i got something - had she sat in a different spot - would not have got it. While i got changed she looked inside the ring again and she told me it had Versani stamped in it
not just a cheap silver ring
View attachment 2103714
View attachment 2103715
Glad to see you get back out their again, and nice find, me it's been about 6 years since i last hunted, sure miss it, being i use to be out their everyday and now with the A-fib and bad legs kind of docked me. HH

Congratulations on your very nice recovery and great to hear your on the mend.

Nice way of ending your return to the water hunt.may there be many more in the near future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back