Because you asked so nicely!

Brushhog

Jun 10, 2014
Cherokee, CA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I normally don't post to a forum until 1) I've been following it for weeks or months and 2) I have a relevant question or comment.

However, it's pretty explicit that you prefer an introductory post from new members, so here I am!

I'll bet I would have found this forum eventually but my guide and mentor in this new hobby recommended this as the best forum for MD. I trusted him on his detector advice, and it looks like he has made another excellent recommendation of this forum.

I'm talking about woody50, who has guided me with a detector purchase and then flew half way around the world to assist in my learning curve. (Ok, ok, he was ALREADY planning the trip before we'd even "met" online, and my location was inline with his other planned stops... but was that GREAT for me, or what?!?!) He and I have had two mornings searching and will have some more. I only had time for one day searching by myself before he arrived, so he is helping a VERY NEWBIE.

Unfortunately it's been over 100F every day, so we have only been searching in the early morning, nothing after noon. Well, no searching after noon, just recovering with cold beverages after a tough morning making holes.

For instance, I was digging incorrectly, and he pointed that out to me moments before I would have cut a spoon in half, the way I was plunging the shovel down. My first spoon, and it's in one piece!

I expect I'll be in the Tesoro sub-forum regularly since I now own a Lobo. With only three days 'under my belt', I still have found a couple of dozen finds, more square nails than anything, but also the spoon and an old handsaw medallion. And other stuff that would be "junk" to anyone else (well, not including members here).

My time-until-retirement is now measured in weeks so the day of the week will not be dictating when I can and cannot search. Woo-Hoo!

Although woody50 initially suspected I might quickly grow tired of the hobby, I think he now realizes that's not the case. DW got over the initial sticker-shock in less than a week, and she is even the one that found the medallion online and was able to date the find.

This is way too long for an initial post. I think I've covered the basics.

Brushhog

Welcome to t-net, Brushog, lots of helpful folks here. your post was interesting and certainly not too long. Square nails, spoons, handsaw medallions, and weather report from Calif...all fun stuff for detecting addicts!. I am semi retired myself, so beware...the other day I was having such a good time hunting that before I knew it I had been out the whole day and dug so many holes I couldn't get out of bed the next morning...ouch!...happy hunting.

imagesJ1R2ZVLA.jpg

Welcome to TreasureNet!

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Welcome aboard!! :)
attachment.php

Well Brushhog, how about an update here (in the Lobo area) about your experience with the Lobo so far. It is months ago since you got the detector!
And maybe show some of your finds, and if you don't know what it is, put a post in the Unkown section.
It was fun working with you and sure would like to do it again, maybe then in a little cooler period!

welcome brushhog, tnet is the go to 24/7 for this hobby.

How ya Doing Brushhog?

Hope your still enjoying the hobby , esp, now that it's should be getting Cooler Outside.

Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back