BEAUTIFUL GERMAN PAINTED EAGLE , OLD OR NEWER , TWO UNIDENTIFY GERMAN HALLMARKS

robshellbrook

Feb 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This piece I had for few years and I was never fully able to identify this piece . Looks like a plate but then it is like a flat framed tile , looks so much better here then in the photos .Marked Germany so it has to be either before the ww2 or after 1991 but I truly think it is prior to the ww2. If some one could help me with the hallmarks and with the possible age that would just make my day ,thanks
005.JPG008.JPG006.JPG009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG

Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

Nice, but definitely not pre-war. That’s a vintage-modern piece, widely produced in the 1970s, with the ceramic portion by Kaufmann Keramik of Rehau and the metal rim by Berendsohn of Hamburg (although they had factories in a number of places). Kaufmann wasn’t founded until 1969. I don’t know if these plates were still being made as late as the 1990s, but would caution that the presence of a ‘Germany’ mark in English without the word ‘West’ isn’t a completely reliable date indicator with respect to partition and subsequent reunification of Germany. There are a whole bunch of animal wildlife decorations in the series from paintings by the artist Irene Hüllen. They sell for about $15-$20.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back