Beach finds 7/11/05 What kind of coin is this?

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 437
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 437
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0
Hey Surf I think its the same as the one I found. Lonewolf calls them Potatos .Its a spanish coin but no loger used because of the Euro. Yours is a 75 . Not sure how much silver is in it Mine was a 1957. I think it was all silver. Nice coin though. HH

Floater said:
Hey Surf I think its the same as the one I found. Lonewolf calls them Potato's .Its a Spanish coin but no longer used because of the Euro. Yours is a 75 . Not sure how much silver is in it Mine was a 1957. I think it was all silver. Nice coin though. HH

LOL!

Potato money!

Yours is/was silver Float,

the newer ones like surf's are like copper/nickel,

you guys find a spanish ship-wreck from the 20th century down there of what!?

surfrat96,

It was nice to see your Spanish Potato. It brought back some fine memories of Palma De Majorca. We old navy guys pronounced them as "pa-tat-tas". We also called the Portuguese Escudos "Scooby do's". It seems like we always came up with some BS name for the currency we were spending at the time. No fun anymore.... The Euro has pretty much replaced all the various monopoly monies of Europe.

Chris Reynolds
Senior Chief Petty Officer, USN

navychief1968 said:
surfrat96,

It was nice to see your Spanish Potato.? It brought back some fine memories of Palma De Majorca.? We old navy guys pronounced them as "pa-tat-tas".? We also called the Portuguese Escudos "Scooby do's".? It seems like we always came up with some BS name for the currency we were spending at the time.? No fun anymore....? The Euro has pretty much replaced all the various monopoly monies of Europe.

Chris Reynolds
Senior Chief Petty Officer, USN

ROFL :D Thats some good stuff Chris. HH

Nice find. Looks like a productive 1 1/2 hours. Only on TreasureNet do you get so much information for so little cost. You got to love it!

ED

COOL find surfrat!! I love finding (other than american coins) WTG!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back