Beach Finds 06/25/05

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Went to a different beach today. Seems like the one I frequent has been unlucky lately. Got out about 1/2 hr. Tide was incomeing, about halfway to high tide.

Hunted the wet sand along the water and found 8Q, 12D, 5N, 58P, and a lead sinker for a total of $4.03.

Since the tourist are all gone the only thing I have to look forward to is 4th of July, and a hurricane.lol

HH 8) surfrat

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0
Good deal for a 1/2 hr!

Be sure to be the 1st on the spot after the hurricane! ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

omnicognic said:
Great finds! Are you seeing many other detectorists out there? (they are thick here lol!)
Omni, I usually hunt Hollywood beach and I get there about 1/2 before sunrise. Usually about 1/2 hr after sunrise the condo commando's come out swingin in full force. I usually see an average of 3-5 out detecting on an average. LOL

During the winter when the tourist are down, it isn't bad cause there's a lot to go around.

This morning I hunted Dania beach, which is the next city north.

Hey surfrat,

what detector/s do you use?

And do you hunt N. Miami Beach at all?

lonewolfe said:
Hey surfrat,

what detector/s do you use?

And do you hunt N. Miami Beach at all?
I use a Minelab Quattro and love it! I've never hunted North Miami Beach. Parking is kinda hard down there. It's all motels and hotels. I had my truck towed there once when I went surfing. Parked at a beach motel, so I'm kinda hesitant to returning.

Have you ever been down this way?

HH 8) surfrat

Well that blows,

I'd be hesitant to park anywhere around there too after that!

It's been a long while since I've been down there,

used to live in Clearwater, and in Madeira Beach for over a yr,

went to Hollywood, and N. Miami area for a 3 day trip once while I lived down there,

then went down to the keys for a week (stayed on Key West for 3 days/nights).

Found a mans gold wedding band on Long Key at the State park while there for a day!

HH

Lonewolfe

Surfrat & Omni - Just got back from Treasure Island (St. Pete) and there were just two of us this morning. Started about 6am and went until about 8:30am. Was able to dig up about 2 bucks worth of Clad.

allen said:
id love to detect just one real beach in my lifetime. you guys seem to always do good and have fun and get to see the bikinis !!! keep on digging !!!

Yeah! At spring break, if it weren't for me holding a metal detector, you'd swear I found a new dowsing technique! ;)

allen said:
id love to detect just one real beach in my lifetime. you guys seem to always do good and have fun and get to see the bikinis !!! keep on digging !!!
On the other hand during the winter, Hollywood Beach is considered "Little Quebec" and you get to see 50-70 yr old Canadians wearing their butt floss. :o Some of these sites can definitly give you some serious nightmares or wish you were blind! LOL

HH 8) surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back