Be careful what you wish for and dream of

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Three or more years I had been looking for three books to metal detect on :) . All three books were written by the same author Gary Winterburn. The names of the books were The History of the Great Trail, Scenes from Little Beaver Creek and The Enchanted Village. Last year I found 2 copies of the history of the great Trail $275 EACH. I got them both because someone on here wanted a copy and told me to get it for him which I did. Then I went into a hunt for the other two. I met a guy at the Great Trail Festival and he told me he would help me find them. a few weeks after the festival I located the Scenes of Little beaver creek for $150 which i jumped on. The person I met at the festival called me and told me he found a person that had all three and would sell them for $325 and not split them up ALL THREE or NONE . I told him to get them for me. In the mean time someone on here told me one of the books was for sale on Ebay. I went to Ebay and did a search,. Sure enough there was the hardest one to find for $29.99 which i JUMPED on I called the other guy and asked him if he got the books yet and he told me he had. So i bought them also. I had told him to get them and i was not going to stick him with that much. Now i had more then one copy of each book.
Most of the information about the main little village there is about Fredericktown Ohio. After doing a lot of reading and comparing pictures I went there to check things out and get permissions.

NOW MOST of the TOWN and areas out side the town are owned by a family called Vodery . For years people have trashed the area and NNO ONE IS ALLOWED on there property :(

Well it was fun and great reading

NOW MOST of the TOWN and areas out side the town are owned by a family called Vodery . For years people have trashed the area and NNO ONE IS ALLOWED on there property :(
Did you mention that metal detectorists (at least the good ones) leave the place looking better than they found it? Probably won't help if they've had so many problems. Just a thought.

I MENTIONED EVERYTHING and then some

I even said anything found pointing at the town was there's

I took E-Trac-Ohio there with me. There was one small house lot the guy allowed us to detect
It was just say heart breaking after all i went through to go there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back