Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out a penny poppin today, not my usual cup of tea, but sometimes I go where the wind blows. Did quite well at the clad with 190 coins in 7 hours, add to that the number of junk targets in search of jewlery and you have very sore legs.

I never expected this colonial surprise, and tell you I couldn't be happier with the tap, I think it unusual as to it's very small size. I got at least 3 others and they are "normal" size, and none have the "valve" so this is the first complete one.

Also dug up three silvers from the '60's, 2 quarters then a dime. The second quarter of the day represented quite a milestone for me being the 100th silver coin dug. (No, not in just one year, that's a grand total)

Hmmm, I see the pics came out in the exact reverse order I wanted.

Attachments

• find13-52-1.JPG
    find13-52-1.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 182
  • find13-52-2.JPG
    find13-52-2.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 160
  • find13-52-3.JPG
    find13-52-3.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 99
  • find13-52-4.JPG
    find13-52-4.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 7
Very nice finds. Congrats on your 101 silver total. That's a nice amount of clad too. I still haven't found any silver yet but ill keep lookin.

Happy hunting
K

Hey Rick that barrel tap is awesome, what a little beauty. And you got your exercise as well I see, congrats on making it to 100.
I hit the water today but didn't get squat so I wont even post.
Will give you a shout when I can get out again.
take care buddy.
Dave

That complete barrel tap is spectacular! I almost never see them posted whole, and its a thrill to see yours. Seven hours of digging clad is quite an impressive physical workout. My back would definitely give me grief about that the following day.

Very nice barrel tap

That's a sweet little barrel tap you found, definitely an unusual keeper in it's intact condition.

smallest tap i've seen...imagine all those coins being colonial...:occasion14:

That's pretty neat, I always like those kind of finds! I've yet to find a completely intact one yet.

Pretty sweet finds! Can't wait to hit a day like you had! :thumbsup:

Gorgeous tap, Rick!

Great looking tap, liking the size of it as this one is indeed different than most dug. The heart mount and the buckle seem to be out of the same era for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back