Barrel band?

TerryEastTexas

Oct 26, 2004
Palestine. Tx.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV.
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this a little while back. It's brass and is 1.75" across on the inside. I've had it on other forums but didn't get a correct response except that maybe it was a bayonet ring, which it was proven not to be. I'm thinking barrel band with swivel. I could easily be wrong but on a 1855 Springfield pistol/carbine w/shoulder mount the front band with the swivel looks the same. It's round like what I've got but I can't tell if on the inside where the barrel and stock meet if there's a indentation or if it's a shadow. I may be totally off base but it's the closest one I've found. Help please!

Attachments

• 100_2630.JPG
    100_2630.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_2641.JPG
    100_2641.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 115
Terry, looks like it could be used as a barrel band and for the sling swivel. I have not see one made of brass which means absolutey nothing. I am hoping it is...d2

Upvote 0
Nope, not a barrel band, a barrel band is contoured to the stock and the barrel, not just round. I can't help with what it is, but I don't see it being gun related.

Upvote 0
Could be a clamp off a telescoping part of any number of things like this modern aluminum one shows:
PARTIAL 01 19 2016 057.jpg

Upvote 0
I think so as well....is it copper? Are the holes threaded?
Not copper Tedyoh. Brass for sure.
Ya'll thanks for your input. I gets me going in a different direction. I appreciate it everybody.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A few years ago I found something quite similar in an old school yard....and I came to the conclusion that it was use to secure the piping that ran along the classroom walls use for steam heating.

Regards + HH

Bill

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back