May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stubble has now been disced into the ground & the conditions are near perfect on the site we had the Mark Antony coin.

This field has come to the top of the list as they are about to sell the farm. We have done this area for 10 years+ but left it for the last 2 as we thought we had 'hunted out' the best area. We were wrong, I spent 3.5 hours & Dad 5 hours:

30 Scrappies!
Roman Childs Ring (top of)
Roman Hod Hill 1st C AD Brooch (top of)
Tudor Button
Victorian Great Northern Railway Button
18th C Pewter Button with pewter shank! (nice condition)
Mystery Roman? Iron piece (Maybe a tent peg?)
I got a 1561 Scarce 'Large Flan' Sixpence.:headbang:
Elizabeth I Large-Flan 1561 Sixpence - George Coins

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 127
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 7
Amazing finds as usual. The 1561 Sixpence is a beauty. (wiping the drool from my mouth) Congrats & HH!

Oh Yeah ! That Elizabeth I is righteous !!! I hope you guys can hit that place hard for as long as you have access to it . I'm going
Banner on the sixpence , Great day out !

Oh Yeah ! That Elizabeth I is righteous !!! I hope you guys can hit that place hard for as long as you have access to it . I'm going
Banner on the sixpence , Great day out !

Thanks, it is a good coin with a strong bust & no clipping, it's only scrace therefore not really in the banner bracket. But a nice addition to the album.

That field holds some goodies! 30 scrappies means at least one silver left... How are the options on the other fields? Time left to detect this place a bit more?

What a beautie, I love the Lizzies. I would love to find one of those somewhere on this continent.
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do with all your scrappies you find? You must have seveal hundred by now?
ZDD

Great job Cru! That Lizzie is about as good as they come with all that great detail on the obverse. Rare to see that. Also, nice going hitting a "hunted out" site and cleaning up. That's exactly what happened when I dug the 2 scattered hammered silver caches a few years ago. Very rewarding to know you didn't leave all those awesome finds out there.

Great hunt you two had, really liking the hammered as she's in great shape.
What's the three pronged jobbie bellows the watch winder?

Nice job. I am glad you and your Dad kept up with the field and went back before being sold. You all did well. That coin is in great shape. Terrific hunt sir.

Awesome finds....again .......and again .....and again....... wow

10.gif NICE HAUL !!! 64k.gif

As always, excellent finds!

I often wonder about the adage that no place is ever "hunted out". It seems to go against logic to think that a place couldn't be completely empty of finds. (Albeit, I've certainly hunted enough places where that appeared to be true. Judging by my finds. LOL ). But, think it is possible. But only to an extent. It is possible to finally find the last object in any field. If one only considers the top 2 feet or so. ;) Turn the ground over, new ballgame! :)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful finds!
HH!

That field holds some goodies! 30 scrappies means at least one silver left... How are the options on the other fields? Time left to detect this place a bit more?

Because of the weather the season has been shorten. The Rape is being cut at the same time as the Wheat. We will have a very tight turn around, however the best fields are not done yet, so I hope to finish the good area on this land (2 days work).

What a beautie, I love the Lizzies. I would love to find one of those somewhere on this continent.
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do with all your scrappies you find? You must have seveal hundred by now?
ZDD

I keep them all. We have now recorded over 6000.
The ones that are not good enough for the album but have some detail, are given to kids when I do public displays.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back