Barely managed Silver #3 for 2010 (2/20)

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi all,
Managed to get out for a tough, muddy, slippery, snow-covered hunt. First 2.5 hours nothing. Then found a mini-pocket spill -- 2 wheats and a 1943-P War Nickel -- Silver #3 for 2010 :hello2: After the first 2.5 hours of frustration and mud, I'll take it. Plus its my first war nick found. 30 feet away found a 7 inch deep buffalo (first for 2010). The picture does not reflect it, but date is visible -- 1920. (also found the plastic trumpet when digging a bottle cap).

2_20_10finds.jpg

WarNickelA.jpg
WarNickelB.jpg

buffA.jpg
In honor of DP Bob's loop effect, I found a way to emulate this on Iphoto.
buffb.jpg

Thanks for looking, happy hunting when this next snow storm (5-10 inches :cussing: ) is history. Hope to see some of you tomorrow (2/21)

-Jon

Way to go! Keep that pirate hat on all year long!

Jon
WTG
whats the goal for the year? 100?
400?

I agree with Neil... " I'm glad someone got out & got something to blow their horn about! "

DP BOB said:
Jon
WTG
whats the goal for the year? 100?
400?

I agree with Neil... " I'm glad someone got out & got something to blow their horn about! "

I have a set of benchmarks for this year. (This is only year #2 detecting for me).

Goal 1: break last year's Silver count of 11 (hope to do this prior to May 19, the date I found silver #1 last year)
Goal 2: Hit 50 silver for the year (yah 100 would be nice, but I want something achievable), once I hit 50, I will set an updated goal
Goal 3: Find my first Seated
Goal 4: Find my first SLQ
Goal 5: Find my first BBQ
Goal 6: Find my first V-nickel
Goal 7: Another Reale or 2
Goal 8: First Shield Nickel
Goal 9: First IH cent
Goal 10: find 10 good tokens....
Goal 11: another Large Cent or 2

Great looking war nickel! Glad you were able to get out before tonight's forecasted snow. I still have yet to find a buffalo.

Oh sure the man finds that neat pistol and now he wants to find coins too..... geeez.

As I look at the snow coming down, I'm glad someone got out too! I need to go visit the kid in FL.

Great finds Jon. What kind of metal is the horn? It looks like its plastic from the pic

Dirt fishing Wolf said:
Great finds Jon. What kind of metal is the horn? It looks like its plastic from the pic

It was plastic, it was in the same hole as a bottle cap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back