barber coin

mr. snuffy

Nov 20, 2006
indian wells valley ca.
Detector(s) used
fisher CZ5,tesero bandito gold demon
finally broke my very long dry spell, I have been walking around and detecting a large open desert area that has seen some habitation since 1900 and it is next to the local airport(very,very small) and part of it actually had an army aircorps base 1940 to 1943 then the navy came in until the new base was constructed nearby,it started with a tent city and yes they did build facilitys which are gone now. I haven't found anything of a military nature(they cleaned up real good), I have foun a bunch of buttons, razor blades etc. in the older section I have found alot of buttons made from mother of pearl most of which fell apart on touching. yesterday I was walking along swinging my detector and watching the ground as I was swinging and halfway thru a swing I spied an unatural round black spot aha says I, finally a coin, I picked it up and rubbed with my fingers and lo and behold a 1907S barber dime in real good condition, value depending on grade i think is between 2.00 and 300.00.

Upvote 0
Congrats on the silver! Good luck with the site and HH, Mike

Love those tent city sites. Detected a couple in the Southern Ca. deserts.

Pictures....we want pictures!!

Nice eyeball find. This is the only barber I've ever found.

friseur_arbeit2.gif

I remember my first Barber Dime... 9 inches deep.

Congrats on yours!

Welcome, & nice find ;D

Fossis.........................

Congrats...The government is not that efficient so I'm sure if you look some more you will find some military related items.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back